PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] How to detect IE11 on server side?

jchau
Nov 14, 2014, 2:45 PM
I don't see a IsIE11 property on Ext.Net.RequestManager. Is there a way to detect IE11 on the server side using Ext.NET libraries?

I also notice that Ext.Net.RequestManager.IsIE is false when using IE11. This seems to be a bug?

Vladimir
Nov 14, 2014, 3:11 PM
Hi

Thanks for the report, IsIE property is fixed and IsIE11 is added (and many other properties are added like IsiPad, IsAndroid, IsBlackberry, IsDesktop, IsTablet, IsPhone, IsIE7m, IsIE7p, IsIE8m, IsIE8p, IsIE9m, IsIE9p, IsIE10m, IsIE10p, IsIE11m, IsIE11p, IsWindows, IsMac, IsLinux)
'p' suffix means - this version or higher
'm' suffix means - this version or lower

Daniil
Sep 23, 2015, 2:53 PM
We've found issues with some of the properties with certain devices.
https://github.com/extnet/Ext.NET/issues/909

The issues have been fixed in the revision 6575 (trunk). It goes to the 3.3 release.

While working on that I found out that there is no solid/reliable way to distinguish an Android tablet or phone device. There are lots of discussions on the internet. Therefore I had to merge .IsTablet and .IsPhone properties into .IsTabletOrPhone which actually returns just !IsDesktop.

Meanwhile, two new properties have been introduced: .IsiPhone and .IsWindowsPhone.

Daniil
Sep 23, 2015, 3:04 PM
The same changes have been applied to branches/2 in the revision 6576. It goes to the 2.5.4 release.