PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] Need Design realated help

matrixwebtech
Aug 22, 2014, 8:51 AM
Hi Ext.net support team,

I don't know is it possible or not.
I found a website over internet.I think they use EXT Js ,and they done a really excellent jod with it.
In that website on a page I found a rowexpand grid panel which contain another grid in it,and the inner grid is designed .
I am trying by own ,but fail to create that kind of design.

So,my request is if I give a screen shot of that page,or I provide the website link, can you please look into this and suggest me how do I achieve the goal.

If it is possible ,please confirm,I will provide screen shot or website link.

Daniil
Aug 22, 2014, 11:10 AM
Hi @matrixwebtech,

Sure, we can look at and, hopefully, we will be able to push you into the right direction.

I am trying by own ,but fail to create that kind of design.

Also please tell what you have tried so far.

matrixwebtech
Aug 22, 2014, 2:21 PM
Hi daniil

watching their design I tried RowExpander,and grid panel inside rowExpander there I face problem,but that I resolve with your help.

http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?42271-load-grid-inside-RowExpander-Plugin&p=191691#post191691

Now I don't understand how they do the design, I post a screen shot and also website link,where you can find the design.
Go to =>accounting.deskera.com
You will find a menu =>"Journal Entry Records"

I attach 2 images here ,In menu.jpg you will find navigation and in RowExpander.png is the design what i actually need.

geoffrey.mcgill
Aug 22, 2014, 5:56 PM
I checked out that web application, and it does not use Ext JS.

In general, nesting GridPanels should be avoided. It get's complicated and there's generally a better way to configure your UI.

The screen capture you provided appears to use just an html <table>, and not a full GridPanel type component.

Hope this helps.

matrixwebtech
Aug 22, 2014, 6:12 PM
Hi geoffrey,thanks for reply.
Its very surprising,This is not Ext js?but all functionality,design, icons and I also inspect element with firebug(structure more or less same) all things like Our current Ext.js.
actually, at first we see that web application and google and Found Ext.net and we fix our mind to use EXT.net.

generally a better way to configure your UI.

what do you mean by this?

and to design with <table> I have to use TemplateHtml,right?

<tpl for=".">
...template for each item goes here...
</tpl>

geoffrey.mcgill
Aug 22, 2014, 6:45 PM
I apologize, yes the app is using Ext JS.

You should be able to inspect the JavaScript code they use to generate the GridPanel and RowExpander, then attempt to re-create a similar GridPanel.

EDIT: I would confirm you have rights to inspect their code before moving forward. Please ensure you have rights to review their client-side source code, otherwise disregard the advice above.

matrixwebtech
Aug 22, 2014, 7:30 PM
Hi,
I am not inspecting there code.I would like to know , can you please help me ,how can I produce not exact copy but similar UI.how and which property of I have to use, and some tips and tricks really very help full for our further application development.

geoffrey.mcgill
Aug 22, 2014, 7:37 PM
Please feel free to review the samples in the Examples Explorer. There's several RowExpander samples in there that should help get you started.

matrixwebtech
Aug 22, 2014, 8:11 PM
ok.
I think I go with http://examples2.ext.net/#/GridPanel/RowExpander/Local_Mode/ with html design.
and I not found any good example to customize gridpanel like my attached image.I strongly believe Ext js has feature to customize a gridpanel (to produce UI like my refrence), but unfortunately I don't know .

geoffrey.mcgill
Aug 22, 2014, 8:18 PM
Ok, thanks for the update. Yes, you should be able to get your RowExpander working as per your requirements. Once you have it working, please feel free to share your sample in the forums as it may help others in the future.

Another sample to review would be:

http://examples2.ext.net/#/Getting_Started/Release_Documents/SVN_Log/

Hope this helps.

matrixwebtech
Aug 22, 2014, 8:51 PM
Thanks ,may be this is help me more.
If you don't mind can you please provide a sample code to reproduce UI (like my attached image) ,because I really don't have any idea how I create that kind UI using gridpanel.
So,If you start with sample ,and I will then finish and share with others.

I really don't want to use normal HTML in my application,because if I once start using HTML other people in my team also do this,and I am sure I lost control from UI design ,that's why I concentrate only ext.net controls and feature to keep my application organized and manageable.
For that If you start the beginning that will be very help full.

geoffrey.mcgill
Aug 22, 2014, 9:05 PM
If you don't mind can you please provide a sample code to reproduce UI (like my attached image)

Unfortunately, no. We are happy to provide technical support for specific problems, but we cannot provide professional services to write your app functionality for you.

The samples in the Examples Explorer should help get you started. If you have a specific problem (or run into a bug), please post a simplified sample demonstrating how to reproduce the problem (as per the forum guidelines) and we will take a look.

matrixwebtech
Aug 23, 2014, 3:19 AM
Thanks ,ok I will try by own ,may be I will post a solution asap.

Edit:I don't know surely is it possible or not?I have some EXT js generate HTML code after render webpage in browser.but I don't understand how to reproduce that with EXT.net .so if I post this HTML here can you help me how to reproduce this again with EXT.net?

Daniil
Aug 25, 2014, 7:42 AM
You can use raw ExtJS in an Ext.NET application. You should just add a ResourceManager.

This example demonstrates what I mean.

Example

<%@ Page Language="C#" %>

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html>
<head runat="server">
<title>Ext.NET v2 Example</title>

<script>
Ext.onReady(function() {
Ext.create("Ext.form.field.Text", {
renderTo: "form1",
emptyText: "Enter something..."