PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] [V0.6] GridPanel Design-Time Error

Peter P
Sep 09, 2008, 6:40 PM
<ext:GridPanel ID="gpElements" runat="server" StoreID="stElements" TrackMouseOver="True">
<ColumnModel ID="cmElements">
<Columns>
<ext:Column ColumnID="ELEMENT_REF" DataIndex="ELEMENT_REF" Header="Ref#"
Sortable="True" Tooltip="Element Reference">
</ext:Column>
</Columns>
</ColumnModel>
</ext:GridPanel>

This works fine at run-time (and shows data from the store) but cannot display at design-time in Design or Split view.

Deleting the code fragment from the page fixes design-time

Stack Trace: at get_isIE() at get_isIE6() at GridPanelBase.SweepControls(WebControl item)

geoffrey.mcgill
Sep 09, 2008, 7:01 PM
Hi Peter,

Thanks for reporting the design-time error. Was the error displayed during design-time within a box with a red border and rounded corners?

Did Visual Studio crash?

What version of Visual Studio are you using? 

What version of the .NET framework are you using? If .NET 3.5, do you have the latest SP1 installed?

Any more information you can provide regarding your system setup and/or environment would be helpful. 

Peter P
Sep 09, 2008, 7:09 PM
Red border, round corners.

Oops! A Design-Time Error has occured.
ErrorMessage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Visual Studio 2008 9.0.30729.1 SP
.NET 3.5 SP1

Visual Studio is not crashing and the page actually works at runtime.

If there is a way to send you the entire stack trace, I could do that.

I have attached the file, once you have it can you let me know or remove the attachment?

geoffrey.mcgill
Sep 09, 2008, 7:16 PM
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the details. I stepped through the code and added a few extra design-time checks. I'm pretty sure the error has been fixed. 

My primary dev machine has the exact same setup and I can't reproduce the error, which is weird, although I can see how the error could be happening.

Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
Version 9.0.30729.1 SP
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 3.5 SP1

Hope this helps.

Peter P
Sep 09, 2008, 7:24 PM
Is there a new dll available?
I have one from the Sept 4th.

Do you send out email when a new dll is available or do we just use the link you sent last time?

geoffrey.mcgill
Sep 09, 2008, 7:25 PM
The new code is available in the SVN repository and will be available publicly with the v0.6 Preview release.