PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] HTML Editor (examples explorer)

CanopiusApplications
Apr 17, 2014, 3:45 PM
Guys

I have an issue with the html editor on IE 11. The user reports she is unable to use the mouse pointer to block select text.
Anyway investigations are on going and my question is where is the html editor example in the examples explorer as I CAN NEVER seem to find it?

Ta,
Dan

geoffrey.mcgill
Apr 17, 2014, 3:52 PM
Hello,

We don't have a specific HtmlEditor sample, but we should have one.

There is an HtmlEditor as part of the following sample:

http://examples2.ext.net/#/Layout/FormLayout/Overview/

geoffrey.mcgill
Apr 17, 2014, 3:54 PM
A new Issue has been created to track this request:

https://github.com/extnet/Ext.NET/issues/474

Daniil
Apr 17, 2014, 5:22 PM
Hi,

If you have any suggestions how to improve this example, please share. If no, I will commit to SVN.

Example

<%@ Page Language="C#" %>

<script runat="server">
protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
if (!X.IsAjaxRequest)
{
this.HtmlEditor1.Text = "<b>Some Initial HTML. You can edit it and submit to server.</b>";
}
}

protected void Submit(object sender, DirectEventArgs e)
{
X.Msg.Alert("Submit", "The following has been submitted:<br/><br/>" + this.HtmlEditor1.Text).Show();
}
</script>

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head runat="server">
<title>HtmlEditor - Ext.NET Examples</title>
</head>
<body>
<form runat="server">
<ext:ResourceManager runat="server" />

<h1>HtmlEditor</h1>

<p>Provides a lightweight HTML Editor component.</p>

<p>For more details, we would strongly recommend to read <a href="http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.1/#!/api/Ext.form.field.HtmlEditor">the HtmlEditor ExtJS docs article</a> and <a href="http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?20425&p=88270&viewfull=1#post88270">this Ext.NET forums thread</a> about possible problems with HtmlEditor.</p>

<br/>

<ext:HtmlEditor
ID="HtmlEditor1"
runat="server"
Width="600"
EnableAlignments="false"
EnableFontSize="false"
CreateLinkText="My CreateLinkText">
<ButtonTips>
<BackColor Text="My BackColor Tip" />
<Bold Text="My Bold Tip" />
</ButtonTips>
</ext:HtmlEditor>

<ext:Button runat="server" Text="Submit" OnDirectClick="Submit" />
</form>
</body>
</html>

CanopiusApplications
Apr 22, 2014, 8:14 AM
Guys

The reason I wanted your example was so I could test this on IE 11 to make sure it was not some issue with how I was laying everything out. Testing your example I still see the problem. Geoff I assume by your 2nd post that you have also seen the issue so I don't need to do anything further?

Another problem with this on IE 11 is that it does not seem to read all the text from the control on my save operation, something like.
myObj.Notes = htmleditor.text;
Sometimes it picks up everything and other times nothing (not sure why), if you however click raw html and then back to normal then it picks up all html in the control every time. I have not tested using something other than the text property at the moment.

D

CanopiusApplications
Apr 22, 2014, 8:30 AM
Hi D

That looks fine to me. My main problem was I could never find the example when looking for it.
You might want to call it html xxxx so the filter picks it up.

Thanks,
D

Hi,

If you have any suggestions how to improve this example, please share. If no, I will commit to SVN.

Example

<%@ Page Language="C#" %>

<script runat="server">
protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
if (!X.IsAjaxRequest)
{
this.HtmlEditor1.Text = "<b>Some Initial HTML. You can edit it and submit to server.</b>";
}
}

protected void Submit(object sender, DirectEventArgs e)
{
X.Msg.Alert("Submit", "The following has been submitted:<br/><br/>" + this.HtmlEditor1.Text).Show();
}
</script>

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head runat="server">
<title>HtmlEditor - Ext.NET Examples</title>
</head>
<body>
<form runat="server">
<ext:ResourceManager runat="server" />

<h1>HtmlEditor</h1>

<p>Provides a lightweight HTML Editor component.</p>

<p>For more details, we would strongly recommend to read <a href="http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.1/#!/api/Ext.form.field.HtmlEditor">the HtmlEditor ExtJS docs article</a> and <a href="http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?20425&p=88270&viewfull=1#post88270">this Ext.NET forums thread</a> about possible problems with HtmlEditor.</p>

<br/>

<ext:HtmlEditor
ID="HtmlEditor1"
runat="server"
Width="600"
EnableAlignments="false"
EnableFontSize="false"
CreateLinkText="My CreateLinkText">
<ButtonTips>
<BackColor Text="My BackColor Tip" />
<Bold Text="My Bold Tip" />
</ButtonTips>
</ext:HtmlEditor>

<ext:Button runat="server" Text="Submit" OnDirectClick="Submit" />
</form>
</body>
</html>

Vladimir
Apr 22, 2014, 8:40 AM
We add one fix to HtmlEditor which should help to resolve the issues
Please update from SVN and retest

CanopiusApplications
Apr 22, 2014, 4:05 PM
Hi Vlad

I generally stick to your build releases and given this is not a major problem will do the same here.
Having said that I might grab the latest changes from svn although having not done it before I assume we got emailed instructions when purchasing the license (I did not purchase it)?

Da,
D

We add one fix to HtmlEditor which should help to resolve the issues
Please update from SVN and retest

Daniil
Apr 22, 2014, 6:22 PM
Yes, the Welcome Kit with instructions should be emailed to you when you bought the Premium Subscription (if you are a premium member, you bought it for sure:)). Please check the inbox. If you cannot find, we can resend it.

CanopiusApplications
Apr 23, 2014, 8:07 AM
Yeah I have managed to locate the instructions. Quick question are you guys using Tortoise as your client?

Thanks D

Yes, the Welcome Kit with instructions should be emailed to you when you bought the Premium Subscription (if you are a premium member, you bought it for sure:)). Please check the inbox. If you cannot find, we can resend it.

Vladimir
Apr 23, 2014, 3:02 PM
Hi

Yes, we use Tortoise as client

CanopiusApplications
Apr 28, 2014, 10:58 AM
Thanks Guys

Hi

Yes, we use Tortoise as client

Daniil
May 05, 2014, 5:46 AM
A new individual HtmlEditor example has been added to the SVN trunk, the revision #5821.