PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] Setting Badge from server

cwolcott
Jan 22, 2014, 12:55 AM
Noticed that the Trunk Revision 5612 added Badge examples. I am receiving the following error when I select "from server" on the Dynamic Badge panel in the example MessageBox -> Badge -> Overview.

"The HTTP verb POST used to access path '/Examples/MessageBox/Badge/Overview/' is not allowed."

Daniil
Jan 22, 2014, 3:35 AM
Hi Chris,

Strange, but I cannot reproduce. It might depend on IIS version. Though, the Ext.Net.Examples is running with IISExpress. Are you running it from the Visual Studio? Or publish to somewhere? Maybe, to local IIS.

Anyway, this setting should help.

<ext:ResourceManager runat="server" DirectEventUrl="Default.aspx" />

I will, probably, commit it.

cwolcott
Jan 22, 2014, 2:37 PM
It might depend on IIS version. Though, the Ext.Net.Examples is running with IISExpress. Are you running it from the Visual Studio?

I was running from within Visual Studio 2010. Just this morning when I brought Visual Studio backup at home I was asked to install Web Platform Installer 4.6 which then installed IIS 7.5 Express.

Anyway, this setting should help.

<ext:ResourceManager runat="server" DirectEventUrl="Default.aspx" />

Everything now works with or without the DirectEventUrl="Default.aspx" attribute. Not sure were to disable IIS 7.5 Express and go back to just Visual Studio to test with/without the attribute.

Thanks. Please go ahead and close the thread.

cwolcott
Jan 22, 2014, 2:56 PM
Not sure were to disable IIS 7.5 Express and go back to just Visual Studio to test with/without the attribute.

Look here How to: Specify the Web Server for Web Projects in Visual Studio (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178108.aspx).

In a Visual Studio Web application project, you can specify the Web server in the Web tab of project properties.

So when I switch back to Visual Studio Development Server there is an error if the attribute DirectEventUrl="Default.aspx" is not defined. So I guess Rev 5618 is a good update.

Daniil
Jan 23, 2014, 2:52 AM
Yes, it depends on server. One server can handle it, another - cannot.

Thank you for confirming!