PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] row editor textfield inputtype

snow_cap
Oct 24, 2013, 9:57 AM
Dears,

I have a roweditor inside my grid and i have a textfield inside that row editor.

Now after editing the row and changing the value of the textfield I need to change the input type of the textfield to password.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Daniil
Oct 24, 2013, 1:58 PM
Hi @snow_cap,

Please clarify do you want to change it on the fly or set up initially?

snow_cap
Oct 24, 2013, 2:20 PM
Hi @snow_cap,

Please clarify do you want to change it on the fly or set up initially?

I need to change on the fly when I click the update button in the row editor

Daniil
Oct 24, 2013, 3:23 PM
I am afraid it is not possible to change a TextField's InputType on the fly. It is not possible on the HTML/DOM level, not in Ext.NET.

Why can you not set up the Password type initially? Please clarify the requirement.

snow_cap
Oct 25, 2013, 7:35 AM
I am afraid it is not possible to change a TextField's InputType on the fly. It is not possible on the HTML/DOM level, not in Ext.NET.

Why can you not set up the Password type initially? Please clarify the requirement.

I can't setup the input type initially because base on another column in the grid sometimes i want the input type to be password and sometimes not.

Daniil
Oct 25, 2013, 8:06 AM
The following could be a solution: two Columns; one with a common TextField, another with a password TextField; one is visible, another is hidden; managing visibility of Columns should not be a problem by calling its show/hide methods.

Daniil
Oct 25, 2013, 4:12 PM
I would also try the following:
http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?26915&p=119486&viewfull=1#post119486

snow_cap
Oct 25, 2013, 4:22 PM
ok thank you

Baidaly
Oct 28, 2013, 5:17 PM
Hello!

Sorry, can you clarify did this solution help you? Can we close this thread?

snow_cap
Nov 27, 2013, 1:25 PM
sorry for the late reply.
yes it worked

Daniil
Nov 27, 2013, 1:31 PM
Thank you for confirming!