PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] How to print gridpanel? Including column headers and scrolling content.

tobros
Aug 09, 2013, 7:17 AM
How to print gridpanel? Including column headers and scrolling content.

Daniil
Aug 09, 2013, 11:00 AM
Hi @tobros,

We can recommend to try Ext.ux.grid.Printer.
https://github.com/loiane/extjs4-ux-gridprinter/blob/master/ux/grid/Printer.js

Daniil
Aug 15, 2013, 10:34 AM
Today the SVN com #5335 was done.

[ADD] Now GridPanel supports printing (print client side method)
[UPDATE] Update grid examples to demonstrate printing functionality

You can try it out.

tobros
Aug 20, 2013, 7:54 AM
I updated the svn and use of your print examples. However, the following questions arise: When my gridpanel long columns, each column will show narrowing. Under normal circumstances it should be:6782After narrowing is this now as follows:6783How can I achieve WYSIWYG?

Daniil
Aug 20, 2013, 2:25 PM
We are investigating a possibility to keep the Columns' widths. Hopefully, we will come up with something this week. However, no promises.

Daniil
Aug 23, 2013, 4:17 AM
Please update from SVN trunk and try:

grid.print({ columnsWidth: true });

tobros
Aug 23, 2013, 7:55 AM
Hello! Thanks for the update. But outside the printable area of columns disappeared. See the following pictures6796 after click print :6797I want to go beyond the print area for the column should be re-opened a new page for printing!

Daniil
Aug 23, 2013, 12:24 PM
It probably means that the GridPanel's is wider than the printable area.

tobros
Aug 23, 2013, 2:45 PM
Well, yes! Now grid column is very long. I want to print all of the columns in the form of paging! How to achieve?

Vladimir
Aug 24, 2013, 12:00 PM
I want to print all of the columns in the form of paging!

Unfortunatelly, we have no access to printing functionality. All what we can to generate html for printing. How it will be printed depends from browser and printer.

tobros
Aug 28, 2013, 8:46 AM
Did not realize that the print function?Besides! Printing can not be selected when the paper type!

Daniil
Aug 28, 2013, 10:42 AM
Did not realize that the print function?Besides! Printing can not be selected when the paper type!

Sorry, we do not understand. Could you, please, rephrase or/and elaborate?

tobros
Aug 29, 2013, 1:46 AM
Sorry, we do not understand. Could you, please, rephrase or/and elaborate?

how to select the type of print page when printing?

how to print the exceeded columns on the new page when the width is fixed?

Daniil
Aug 29, 2013, 4:54 AM
how to select the type of print page when printing?

Please clarify what do you mean by "type of print page"? What kind of types could be there?

how to print the exceeded columns on the new page when the width is fixed?

I would expect it is printed automatically on the second paper sheet.

From my experience browser printing capabilities are very limited. It is a common case when I face some issue when print something via a browser. So, I would suggest you to consider another possibility for printing. For example, export to an excel file, then print.