PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] Transparent Window border

cwolcott
Jun 06, 2013, 5:29 PM
Does anyone have a hint as to why the window title area and docked items area is transparent?

On my development environment viewing the window in IE8 (Browser Mode IE7, IE7 Standards) the window does not have transparent frame, but on my production system after packaging the website the area around the FormPanel is transparent (second image).

Development System w/ IE8 (Browser Mode IE7, IE7 Standards)
This is what I want ...

Production System w/ IE7

I am trying to duplicate it in simple code, but thought someone might have a clue just based on the images.

Baidaly
Jun 07, 2013, 2:58 AM
Hello!

Ext JS doesn't support the compliance mode of IE.

However, I would recommend to test with IE7. Also, I guess there is some differences with CSS rules. Try to find them using Developers Tools.

Daniil
Jun 07, 2013, 5:36 AM
Hi Chris,

I have never seen such an issue. So, yes, a test case would be appreciated.

Also yes, IE8 with IE7 mode doesn't much the original IE7 for 100%. It is a common thing if they produces something different.

I would try to turn down all your custom CSS and see the issue is still reproducible or not.

cwolcott
Jun 07, 2013, 1:13 PM
I don't believe I have any custom CSS, but I will attempt to build a fresh example.

cwolcott
Jun 11, 2013, 4:41 PM
Found the issue. Here is a sample.

If I have a Window defined outside the viewport, both windows will display a transparent header. If I remove "UnderDevWin1" the the window border is just fine.

I placed "UnderDevWin1" where it is because of the thread:
Window modal IE7 (http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?21990)
Modal window and form tag (http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?19972-CLOSED-Modal-window-and-form-tag)

I am only seeing the issue in native IE7. IE8 (Browser Mode IE7, IE7 Standards) shows everything fine.

<%@ Page Language="C#" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="Ext.Net" Namespace="Ext.Net" TagPrefix="ext" %>
<!DOCTYPE html >
<html>
<head runat="server">
<title>Window issue IE7</title>
</head>
<body>
<ext:ResourceManager runat="server" />
<ext:Window ID="UnderDevWin1" runat="server" ClientIDMode="Static" Title="Under Development 1"
Icon="UserComment" Height="80" Width="360" BodyPadding="5" Hidden="true" >
<Content>
This feature is under development. Please check again later.</Content>
</ext:Window>
<form runat="server">
<ext:Viewport runat="server" Layout="BorderLayout">
<Bin>
<ext:Window ID="UnderDevWin2" runat="server" ClientIDMode="Static" Title="Under Development 2"
Icon="UserComment" Height="80" Width="360" BodyPadding="5" Hidden="true" >
<Content>
This feature is under development. Please check again later.</Content>
</ext:Window>
</Bin>
<Items>
<ext:Panel runat="server" Region="Center" Title="Center">
<Items>
<ext:Toolbar runat="server">
<Items>
<ext:Button runat="server" Text="Experiment 1" OnClientClick="#{UnderDevWin1}.show();" />
<ext:ToolbarSpacer runat="server" />
<ext:Button runat="server" Text="Experiment 2" OnClientClick="#{UnderDevWin2}.show();" />
</Items>
</ext:Toolbar>
</Items>
</ext:Panel>
</Items>
</ext:Viewport>
</form>
</body>
</html>

Baidaly
Jun 11, 2013, 10:17 PM
Couldn't reproduce. Can you try on another computer with IE7?

Daniil
Jun 12, 2013, 3:43 AM
I can't reproduce as well. Tested with the original IE7 and v2.1, v2.2 and trunk Ext.NET.

cwolcott
Jun 12, 2013, 11:56 AM
Please close the thread. The latest revision in the trunk works just fine (5194). Not sure what changed.