PDA

View Full Version : Coolite 0.6 ETA?

haltenberg
Aug 19, 2008, 6:28 PM
Hi Geoffrey,

I realize it is a bad time to bug you with questions, but is there an ETA on v6.0? From what I recall, it is anticipated early/mid August. Any predictions on your side?

Thanks!

jchau
Aug 19, 2008, 7:13 PM
I am interested in the list of major components that will be included in v0.6 . I see the twitter updates about the ComboBox and Label, and I am crossing my fingers FormPanel will make it to v0.6 .

geoffrey.mcgill
Aug 20, 2008, 3:53 AM
v0.6 is close. We're going to release a "Preview" release first. There's a load of huge new functionality and many new features which do not currently exist in the ASP.NET space. We need some feedback to confirm our decisions (right or wrong) before stamping as an *official* final v0.6 release.

Unfortunately the FormPanel will not be included with the v0.6 Preview release. Although... with v0.6 we completed a lot of infrastructure work in preparation for the FormPanel, and it will be released very shortly after the v0.6 preview.

Hope this helps.

jchau
Aug 20, 2008, 10:33 AM
So FormPanel will be part of v0.7? I have been holding off development on some of my pages that require a form. I guess it is back to pure ExtJS for me.

Keep up the good work and hope v0.6 preview comes out soon.

agha
Sep 01, 2008, 7:31 AM
Any update about when v0.6 will be available to the community? Anxiously waiting..

geoffrey.mcgill
Sep 01, 2008, 8:10 AM
The <ext:FormLayout> will be included with the v0.6 release.

The <ext:FormPanel> and related client-side and server-side validation framework will be available with v0.7.

A simple sample demonstrating the use the <ext:FormLayout> is available at the following location, see http://sandbox.ext.net/Layout/FormLayout/Login.aspx

The version 0.6 Preview release will be soon. At this point it's just a matter of finishing a few loose ends.

Chelonian
Sep 01, 2008, 1:08 PM
Nice work with the FormLayout! I'm delighted that it'll be included on the v0.6 release :)

I'm eager to test v0.6. I'm holding a couple of personal projects and the purchase of the license 'till I can test it out.

Lex
Sep 02, 2008, 11:32 AM
Hi guys,

I subscribe the participation of Chelonian...

I started a project with the Coolite components and now I'm waiting for the grid contained into v0.6.

So, my question is: is it possible to release latest 0.6 version of the Coolite Toolkit before the end of this week?

I really need it, the time is going out and I don't want to change this component because, to date, I think it is the best.
If it isn't possible, could you send me a beta or a preview 0.6 version? I have to estimate the toolkit for my company because of a possible future purchase.

Thank's in advance!

geoffrey.mcgill
Sep 04, 2008, 12:35 PM
We're looking for a few more people to test v0.6. If you're interested in testing, please email me (geoff [at] coolite [dot] com) directly and I'll send you the .dll. We still have a few bugs to work out, but the public release will be soon.

haltenberg
Sep 04, 2008, 1:18 PM
Geoffrey,

Thanks for the update! Could you please be a bit more specific rather than saying "soon"? :-) Just give us a guesstimate please! Is it going to be released this month? If so, is it first half or second half of the month?

Thank you!

haltenberg
Sep 09, 2008, 3:54 PM
Any prognosis on the date of v0.6 community edition availability?Thank you!

PS. Please don't reply "soon", just give a guesstimate if the exact date is not known. Thank you!!!

geoffrey.mcgill
Sep 10, 2008, 6:39 PM
Tuesday, September 16th, 2008. 

Hopefully ;)

haltenberg
Sep 10, 2008, 7:12 PM
Geoffrey,

Thank you very much! Knowing the approximate date makes anticipation easier ;-)

Good luck!

geoffrey.mcgill
Sep 17, 2008, 3:28 PM
We ran into a show stopper of a problem. We must fix before releasing because it involves an API change.

I apologize for the delay.

haltenberg
Sep 17, 2008, 3:41 PM
Geoffrey,

Thanks for the update! Please keep us posted on the progress.

Good luck!

haltenberg
Sep 22, 2008, 2:48 PM
Geoffrey,

Could you give an update on ETA, please? (an approximate date to wait for)
Also, is there any way to get 0.6 beta, before the official 0.6 comes out? If so, I would appreciate if you could email it to {my nickname on this forum} at gmail dot com

Thank you!

ajaxus
Sep 24, 2008, 5:27 AM
Listen guys I think we have to give the developers some break from these instant questions 'whats going on', 'when its doing to be ready' etc

I am pretty sure the controls will be here soon so we just need to give them a little more time.

Geoffrey and the guys are doing their job and I am sure they are working hard so at the end we all gonna be happy.

@Geoffrey, if you need one more tester let me know. You know my email, but just in case biserd at gmail

Good luck!

geoffrey.mcgill
Sep 24, 2008, 8:43 AM
Hey Guys,

I don't mind the feedback and questions. Keeps me motivated. 

The current svn users and beta testers have found a few critical bugs and things we must fix before publicly releasing. The feedback will be much harsher if we release something that is "obviously" broken.

geoffrey.mcgill
Sep 29, 2008, 5:38 AM
As long as we do not find any (major) defects with the <asp:UpdatePanel> support, v0.6 should be released today.

Rod
Sep 29, 2008, 9:21 AM
Great news, keep up the good work :)

Chelonian
Sep 29, 2008, 11:26 AM
Excellent news! Thumbs up!!

frytas
Oct 02, 2008, 6:05 AM
 When can we expect the release of 0.6? Alternatively, if there is the possibility of sending unofficial build? I'm looking forward to release this version :-)

Bartek

geoffrey.mcgill
Oct 02, 2008, 9:15 AM
You can download v0.6 from the following location, see http://www.ext.net/download/

Official blog post, code samples and new Examples Explorer will be online later today.

Hope this helps.

Rod
Oct 02, 2008, 9:32 AM
Yeeeepeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
Great job, thanks a lot xd, gonna try it asap :p

jchau
Oct 02, 2008, 12:55 PM
Awesome! When's 0.7 coming out????? jk

geoffrey.mcgill
Oct 02, 2008, 1:06 PM
I updated the RoadMap, see http://www.ext.net/support/

The next release (v0.7) will be quick. We will release the <ext:TreePanel>, <ext:Menu> and <ext:Toolbar> controls before the end of October. Actually... the <ext:ToolBar> will be hitting SVN today and <ext:Menu> will follow close behind. 

jchau
Oct 02, 2008, 1:09 PM
Can't wait for the TreePanel. That's the one control I couldn't hook up with raw ExtJS and ASP.NET webservices.

haltenberg
Oct 02, 2008, 1:28 PM
Geoffrey,

Congratulations on the release! Can't wait for the code samples and Examples explorer

bkh1365
Oct 02, 2008, 1:31 PM
Great news!! thanks a lot.

idrissb
Oct 02, 2008, 2:45 PM
great news guys. can't wait to try it.
thank you. thank you
idriss

amitpareek
Oct 02, 2008, 4:44 PM
Brilllliiant!!! Finally its here....

Thanks a lot!!!! Looking forward to examples explorer...

Can you consider having MultiSelect and Itemselector for 0.7??? I know its asking for too much, but if possible would be great.

Also r you considering removing SVN access for only Professional Edition people. I will register for support, if you guys are.

Anyway,

Thanks for the updates, Brilliant work.... :)

conman
Oct 03, 2008, 5:31 PM
Happy days :-)

aswad32
Oct 04, 2008, 6:24 AM
alright seems like the new version has been released while i'm on long holidays, thank you to coolite team for this great control. i will play with it after rest for a while...

big thanks from malaysia.....

jlertle
Oct 06, 2008, 8:03 PM
freak-in awesome!!!

made the mistake of browsing thru the new online examples while downloading and I now need to change my shorts before I can start the install

looks great guys! the new examples section alone was worth the wait, that is guaranteed to be a time saver!!!

keep up the good fight.