PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] How to change background color of labels in chart

livehealthierGF
May 13, 2013, 7:53 PM
Is it possible to change background color for all labels of axis in the chart?

Baidaly
May 13, 2013, 11:29 PM
Hello!

If you want to change background color of each axis label it's not possible because label is inline element. But maybe I misunderstood you.

livehealthierGF
May 15, 2013, 2:00 PM
Hello!

If you want to change background color of each axis label it's not possible because label is inline element. But maybe I misunderstood you.

Hello, It is possible using sprites. You can do rectangles behind the label. It doesn't work if your chat resizable. You can close the topic

livehealthierGF
May 15, 2013, 2:05 PM
Let me know if I can do something like done on the image attached without sprites?

<ext:Chart ID="crtProgress" runat="server" Shadow="false" Animate="true"
Store="strGoals" Height="225" Cls="lhapp-chart">
<Items>
<ext:Sprite Type="Rect" X="8" Y="0" Width="15" Height="210" Fill="#808080"></ext:Sprite>
<ext:Sprite Type="Rect" X="8" Y="200" Width="320" Height="15" Fill="#808080"></ext:Sprite>
<ext:Sprite Text="week" Type="Text" X="250" Y="210" Fill="#fff" Font="11px Arial"></ext:Sprite>
<ext:Sprite Text="steps" Type="Text" X="-25" Y="-2" Fill="#fff" Font="11px Arial">
<Rotate Degrees="270"></Rotate>
</ext:Sprite>
</Items>
<Axes>
<ext:NumericAxis Position="Left" Grid="false" Minimum="0" Maximum="1" DashSize="0">
<Label Padding="0" Fill="#fff" Font="11px Arial" Width="10">
<Rotate Degrees="270"></Rotate>
<Renderer Handler="return verticalAxisRenderer(value);" />
</Label>
</ext:NumericAxis>
<ext:CategoryAxis Fields="shortName" Position="Bottom" DashSize="1" >
<Label Padding="0" Fill="#fff" Font="11px Arial">
</Label>
</ext:CategoryAxis>
</Axes>
<Series>
<ext:ColumnSeries Axis="Bottom" XField="name" YField="value">
<Renderer Fn="columnRenderer"></Renderer>
</ext:ColumnSeries>
</Series>
</ext:Chart>

Baidaly
May 16, 2013, 1:17 AM
I think it's reasonable solution in this case because Charts have many limitations like this one.

But I'll ask my colleagues maybe they can offer something else.

Daniil
May 16, 2013, 4:27 AM
Hi,

I can confirm that there is no a built-in possibility to fill background as you need. So, your solution with Sprites looks the only solution to achieve it.