PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] Ext.Net grid drag & drop on header

adrianot
Apr 22, 2013, 9:56 PM
Hi,

I am planning about adding a grid-row to grid-column drag&drop functionality to create a user-defined grid, is this something that could be done using the standard drag & drop Ext.Net 2.x is providing? In my first findings I understood that grid is used as source/target for rows or cells only.

Do you have any suggestion? For instance, should I develop my own plugin to perform this task?

Thank you for an advice,
Cheers

Daniil
Apr 23, 2013, 5:38 AM
Hi @adrianot,

a grid-row to grid-column drag&drop functionality to create a user-defined grid

Sorry, I don't understand well what the functionality is. Please elaborate.

adrianot
Apr 23, 2013, 7:16 AM
Hi @adrianot,

Sorry, I don't understand well what the functionality is. Please elaborate.

Hi Daniil, yes, sorry, let me explain it better.

I would like to create an end-user grid designer. I mean, let the user choose the columns to display on a given grid. I would like to provide a drag&drop functionality to add the fields from the grid where the "available fields" are listed and the actual grid used to display the content.

I've seen that the grid provides a standard plugin for rows drag&drop, but actually I need to do something to drag a row (the field on the grid of avaialble fields) on the grid "header" (positioning the field on the right column).

My question is: does Ext.Net provides something to perform this -or- should I write a custom plugin? Do you have any suggestion?

THANK YOU very much for your suggestion!
adriano

Daniil
Apr 23, 2013, 9:31 AM
Thank you for the details, it gets clear.

Unfortunately, there is no a baked-in solution in Ext.NET.

I think you can re-use a GridDragDrop plugin for dragging functionality from a source grid.

And organize a destination grid (its header) as a DropTarget.

Something like this:
http://examples2.ext.net/#/DragDrop/Grid/Grid_to_FormPanel/

adrianot
Apr 23, 2013, 12:09 PM
Thank you Daniil for the help! I'll take a look on the same and let you know when we're able to get it ready :-)