PDA

View Full Version : Can it work with ASP.NET update panels

mthakershi
Mar 17, 2009, 1:24 PM
I keep track of progress made by you guys on this website. Same time around last year I was looking at controls I can use in my application and obviously your work is impressive.

But while trying it out I found one serious issue. Behavior of your controls when they are along with ASP.NET script manager and update panels is not consistent. I am not saying that your controls did not work but I am saying that my update panel stopped working consistently after that.

Now I have a complete system released last month but mostly using conventional microsoft controls. I would like to know whether you guys think it is even possible to integrate your suite into my current web pages and there is anything wrong if I expect my current code to keep working along side.

I will tell you one thing. I have tried one after another wrappers built on top of great JS libraries (ExtJs, Prototype, jQuery, etc.) and I have had same issue - they don't work properly with Microsoft ATLAS and AJAX framework.

Please help me make decision here.

Appreciate your  input.

Malay Thakershi

geoffrey.mcgill
Mar 17, 2009, 3:06 PM
@Timothy, you're probably the best qualified person to answer this.

geoffrey.mcgill
Mar 20, 2009, 2:54 PM
Hi Malay,

Can you post a .aspx sample demonstrating how to reproduce the UpdatePanel issues you are experiencing?

We've done a lot of work to provide UpdatePanel support within the Toolkit, so things should be working well together... unless of course they are not. :)