PDA

View Full Version : Getting set up to create my first web page

KBorkiewicz
Aug 02, 2012, 6:24 PM
I only first heard of Ext.NET this morning, so bear with me. This is really simple stuff, but I've been trying at it for an hour now.

I followed the "tutorial" from http://examples2.ext.net/examples/getting_started/introduction/overview/ . I was told to make a New ASP.NET Web Site in Visual Studio, and that created some files and folders for me. In section 5, "Create your first web page", here are the steps and my confusion about them:

Open a .aspx Page
Should I open one of the files that have been created for me, Default.aspx or About.aspx, or make my own? If it's the latter, how do I make a .aspx file?
Drag the Ext.NET "ResourceManager" control onto your Page. One <ext:ResourceManager> is required on each .aspx Page
If I'm supposed to drag this to one of the non-blank files, where does it go? No matter where I put it, I get an error "Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls." If I put it in a blank .aspx file, I get "A namespace cannot directly contain members such as fields or methods".
Drag an Ext.NET "Window" Control onto your Page, then Save (Ctrl + s) your Page.
Same problem, I don't know in what file to put this, and where within the file.
Hit "F5" to start debugging, or Right-Click on the Page and select "View in Browser". Your Page should now render in the browser and the <ext:Window> will be displayed.

tMp
Aug 03, 2012, 8:03 AM
Open a .aspx Page
Should I open one of the files that have been created for me, Default.aspx or About.aspx, or make my own? If it's the latter, how do I make a .aspx file?
Make a new .aspx page and play around with the ext.net controls. For that, make a new website project, right click in the solution explorer, select add new item, select the webform and for startes just leave the default file name as it is (and the place code in separte file) and then click add. Now you have a new and blank .aspx page to mess around with ;) (and a .cs page for your code behind)

Drag the Ext.NET "ResourceManager" control onto your Page. One <ext:ResourceManager> is required on each .aspx Page
If I'm supposed to drag this to one of the non-blank files, where does it go? No matter where I put it, I get an error "Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls." If I put it in a blank .aspx file, I get "A namespace cannot directly contain members such as fields or methods".
Put it just below the form-tag of the body section. If you have a all in one file (no separate code file) it could be that you pull it in the code section and not in the html section where it belongs.

Drag an Ext.NET "Window" Control onto your Page, then Save (Ctrl + s) your Page.
Same problem, I don't know in what file to put this, and where within the file.
Same as the ResourceManager. In the .aspx page in the body section.