PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] [2.0] TreePanel Animation slow?

Timothy
May 29, 2012, 7:08 PM
Hello,

If you compare this example:

http://examples2.ext.net/#/TreePanel/Basic/Built_in_CodeBehind/

To this example:

http://examples1.ext.net/#/TreePanel/Basic/Built_in_CodeBehind/

When you use the expand / collapse you'll notice that version 1 has a much more smoother effect.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Timothy

Vladimir
May 30, 2012, 10:40 AM
Well, there is some performance degradation between ExtJS 3.x and ExtJS 4.x, also there are some issues in tree panel expand/collapse animation (therefore we disabled animation in manin page of Examples Explorer)

I hope that animation will be improved in next releases of ExtJS. At this moment, I suggest to disable animation for TreePanel (Animate property for TreePanel)

Timothy
May 30, 2012, 11:45 AM
Well, there is some performance degradation between ExtJS 3.x and ExtJS 4.x, also there are some issues in tree panel expand/collapse animation (therefore we disabled animation in manin page of Examples Explorer)

I hope that animation will be improved in next releases of ExtJS. At this moment, I suggest to disable animation for TreePanel (Animate property for TreePanel)

Thanks, I hope they get resolved in the next release also, was a nice feature seems a pity to degrade it.

Cheers

Daniil
May 30, 2012, 1:05 PM
Hi Timothy,

Do you mind we will mark the thread as closed?

Timothy
May 30, 2012, 1:07 PM
Hi Timothy,

Do you mind we will mark the thread as closed?

Yup, nothing you guys can do about it. I'll wait and see if it improves in the next release from Ext.

Cheers

Timothy
Jun 24, 2012, 9:43 PM
Daniil,

Have you heard anything about this from Sencha? Curious.

Cheers,
Timothy

Daniil
Jun 25, 2012, 1:01 PM
Unfortunately, no.

But are you still able to reproduce the problem?

I have tested the two examples you mentioned in Chrome, I can't notice any big difference now.

Timothy
Jun 25, 2012, 1:35 PM
Unfortunately, no.

But are you still able to reproduce the problem?

I have tested the two examples you mentioned in Chrome, I can't notice any bug difference now.

I've confirmed that it is still slow in Chrome after an update from SVN, recompile and clearing my cache.

Cheers

Daniil
Jun 25, 2012, 5:24 PM
I would say that v2 is even faster than v1 on my side. But yes, v1 is more smoother.

Could you provide a screencast to compare how the things are going on our and your sides?