PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] Will Installation via Nuget eventually support Ext.NET MVC?

anup
May 11, 2012, 5:59 PM
Hi,

This thread was really useful to show the few steps needed to set up a project for Ext.NET with MVC/Razor:

http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?16920-CLOSED-2-0-MVC-3-Razor-Example

I was just wondering, will NuGet eventually somehow support Razor/MVC set up as well?

Just thinking ahead in terms of the chapter I write on getting started, whether to mention steps as above, or just say to install via NuGet...

Thanks!

Daniil
May 11, 2012, 6:53 PM
Hi,

I think it would be good. Thanks for the suggestion.

I will redirect the question to Geoffrey.

anup
May 11, 2012, 7:17 PM
Many thanks. I finally met him the other evening but that was something I forgot to ask specifically about!

Daniil
May 11, 2012, 7:23 PM
Great! I believe you didn't forget to ask many other questions :)

anup
May 11, 2012, 7:27 PM
No, asked many more, and got many great answers; which is why I am also bombarding you guys with a lot of follow up and specific things today... Apologies for that :)

Daniil
May 11, 2012, 7:30 PM
We are always glad to answer your questions, they are always perfectly detailed.

As well you really help to make the framework better reporting bugs and giving us great suggestions.

geoffrey.mcgill
May 11, 2012, 8:01 PM
Hi,

This thread was really useful to show the few steps needed to set up a project for Ext.NET with MVC/Razor:

http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?16920-CLOSED-2-0-MVC-3-Razor-Example

I was just wondering, will NuGet eventually somehow support Razor/MVC set up as well?

Just thinking ahead in terms of the chapter I write on getting started, whether to mention steps as above, or just say to install via NuGet...

Thanks!

Hi Anup,

Yes, we will have a separate NuGet package for MVC.

I'm pretty sure the command will be:

PM> Install-Package Ext.NET.MVC

That will setup Web.config, Global.asax and a test View + Controller.

I'll actually include this with the upcoming Ext.NET v2 Beta 2 release. That will be a "Pre Release" build as far as NuGet is concerned, so the package command will need to include the "-Pre" parameter.

PM> Install-Package Ext.NET.MVC -Pre

The final v2 release will not require the "-Pre" param for either the "Ext.NET" or "Ext.NET.MVC" NuGet Packages.

Hope this helps.

anup
May 11, 2012, 9:35 PM
Great stuff. Certainly helps me simplify that part of the book :)

craig2005
Jun 04, 2012, 9:35 PM
Hi Anup,

Yes, we will have a separate NuGet package for MVC.

I'm pretty sure the command will be:

PM> Install-Package Ext.NET.MVC

That will setup Web.config, Global.asax and a test View + Controller.

I'll actually include this with the upcoming Ext.NET v2 Beta 2 release. That will be a "Pre Release" build as far as NuGet is concerned, so the package command will need to include the "-Pre" parameter.

PM> Install-Package Ext.NET.MVC -Pre

The final v2 release will not require the "-Pre" param for either the "Ext.NET" or "Ext.NET.MVC" NuGet Packages.

Hope this helps.

Has this been added yet? I don't see this package available.

craig2005
Jun 04, 2012, 11:30 PM

ok, nevermind, I looked at the SVN and it looks like the MVC code was merged into Ext.net in 2.0? Please confirm. thanks.

Daniil
Jun 05, 2012, 11:17 AM
Hi @craig2005,

Not yet.

ok, nevermind, I looked at the SVN and it looks like the MVC code was merged into Ext.net in 2.0? Please confirm.

Yes, Ext.NET MVC is directly built in the Ext.Net project.

geoffrey.mcgill
Sep 28, 2012, 9:43 PM
The next release of Ext.NET (2.1) will include separate Assemblies for WebForms and MVC projects.

With NuGet you will be able to install using the following Commands.

WebForms (non-MVC)
Install-Package Ext.NET

- requires .NET 3.5 (or higher)

MVC
Install-Package Ext.NET.MVC

- requires .NET 4.0 (or higher)

The Ext.NET.MVC NuGet Package will install a sample View, Controller, updates to the Global.asax, updates to the Web.config and add all proper Assembly References.

Hope this helps.