PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] [#84] Problem when building svn project

RCN
May 09, 2012, 3:56 PM
I downloaded from SVN, built the project and then added a reference do to generated DLL but when i debug the javascript the methods and properties are merged as shown in the following image.

any idea to overcome this problem?

Daniil
May 09, 2012, 4:43 PM
Hi,

I'm afraid we have no way to affect on Visual Studio debugger.

Do you have any suggestions?

RCN
May 09, 2012, 4:49 PM
i canīt even imagine a reason for this problem

RCN
May 09, 2012, 7:21 PM
Daniil, could you generate a version from SVN for testing purposes?

Daniil
May 09, 2012, 8:31 PM
Daniil, could you generate a version from SVN for testing purposes?

Not sure that I understand. Commonly, I work directly with SVN sources.

Do you have the different behavior with non SVN sources?

cwolcott
May 09, 2012, 9:22 PM
I build from SVN nightly and have not had any issues. I am currently on rev 4002.

RCN
May 10, 2012, 3:54 PM
cwolcott, could you send the generated dllīs to my email? raphaelsaldanha@gmail.com

cwolcott
May 10, 2012, 4:21 PM
When I get home tonight I can.

RCN
May 10, 2012, 5:39 PM
Thank you cwolcott

RCN
May 11, 2012, 5:53 PM
Hi Folks, unfortunately i was not successful on it.

Could someone do the following test using the code provided on the bottom of this post?

Click the button _btn
When the dubbuger stop at line 7 open the Quick Watch Dialog
Type App._btn
Press Enter
Open the first node
Verify if the methods are merged with properties as shown in the following image

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head id="Head1" runat="server">
<title>Index</title>
<script type="text/javascript">
var test = function () {
debugger;
}
</script>
</head>
<body>
<ext:ResourceManager ID="ResourceManager1" runat="server" />
<ext:Button ID="_btn" Text="Button" runat="server">
<Listeners>
<Click Handler="test();" />
</Listeners>
</ext:Button>
</body>
</html>

Vladimir
May 11, 2012, 6:11 PM
I don't think that it is Ext.Net/ExtJS issue
Type 'document' or 'window' in Quick Watch dialog (you can remove all Ext.Net controls from the page). Do you see that methods are grouped?

RCN
May 11, 2012, 6:42 PM
Hi Vladmir,

'document' or 'window' are not grouped as shown in the following images.

Daniil
May 14, 2012, 7:45 AM
"window" and "document" functions are not grouped in my VS 2010 Debugger.

I don't know at all how to change it and was unable to find any details on the internet.

I think it appears to be a VS Debugger issue. So, it would be best to ask it on some Microsoft specialized forum or its technical support.

If we could change it on Ext.NET level (I really doubt on that), we would change.

RCN
May 14, 2012, 11:03 AM
Thank you Daniil .. i will investigate and keep you posted

Daniil
May 14, 2012, 3:30 PM
Thank you. It would be good to determine how to sort it out, because sometimes it annoys me as well.

RCN
May 14, 2012, 4:22 PM
Hi Daniil, i am trying to identify the reason the problem

I have a project with an older version of dllīs where the problem does not happen. The scripts in the page are registered as shown bellow:

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/extjs/resources/css/ext-all-embedded-css/ext.axd?v=39235" />
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/extnet/resources/extnet-all-embedded-css/ext.axd?v=39235" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="/extjs/ext-all-js/ext.axd?v=39235"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/extnet/extnet-all-js/ext.axd?v=39235"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/extnet/locale/ext-lang-pt-BR-js/ext.axd?v=39235">

The following scripts are in the page where problem happens. (latest version from SVN)

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/extjs/resources/css/ext-all-embedded-css/ext.axd?v=23988" />
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/extnet/resources/extnet-all-embedded-css/ext.axd?v=23988" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="/extjs/ext-all-js/ext.axd?v=23988"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/extnet/extnet-all-js/ext.axd?v=23988"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/extnet/locale/ext-lang-pt-BR-js/ext.axd?v=23988"></script>

I would like to know why the v=23988 of latest version is lower than an older version. Do you think that itīs correct?

RCN
May 14, 2012, 4:24 PM
Daniil, could i send both projects to you? it would be much better if you could reproduce the problem.

RCN
May 14, 2012, 4:52 PM
Not Working
http://www.4shared.com/rar/JhyHtXM_/WithProblem.html

Working
http://www.4shared.com/rar/A4fgM8F0/WorksWithNoProblem.html

Daniil
May 14, 2012, 8:30 PM
Hi Daniil, i am trying to identify the reason the problem

I have a project with an older version of dllīs where the problem does not happen. The scripts in the page are registered as shown bellow:

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/extjs/resources/css/ext-all-embedded-css/ext.axd?v=39235" />
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/extnet/resources/extnet-all-embedded-css/ext.axd?v=39235" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="/extjs/ext-all-js/ext.axd?v=39235"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/extnet/extnet-all-js/ext.axd?v=39235"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/extnet/locale/ext-lang-pt-BR-js/ext.axd?v=39235">

The following scripts are in the page where problem happens. (latest version from SVN)

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/extjs/resources/css/ext-all-embedded-css/ext.axd?v=23988" />
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/extnet/resources/extnet-all-embedded-css/ext.axd?v=23988" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="/extjs/ext-all-js/ext.axd?v=23988"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/extnet/extnet-all-js/ext.axd?v=23988"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/extnet/locale/ext-lang-pt-BR-js/ext.axd?v=23988"></script>

I would like to know why the v=23988 of latest version is lower than an older version. Do you think that itīs correct?

It is the assembly revision. It depends on actual local time of assembly building and it is the Visual Studio behavior.

Here is the quote from
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t100482-restart-a-dll-build-number-and-revision.html

If you specify major, minor, and build, you can specify an asterisk for revision.
This causes revision to be equal to the number of seconds since midnight,
January 1, 2000, local time, divided by 2.

Daniil
May 14, 2012, 8:32 PM
Not Working
http://www.4shared.com/rar/JhyHtXM_/WithProblem.html

Working
http://www.4shared.com/rar/A4fgM8F0/WorksWithNoProblem.html

It asks me:

You should Sign Up or Login to download this file

I have no account and would prefer to avoid registering.

Please send the projects directly to my e-mail: daniil @ ext dot net.

I will review.

RCN
May 15, 2012, 11:29 AM
I've just sent to your email Daniil

Daniil
May 15, 2012, 6:15 PM
Thanks, I've got it. I will check it today-tomorrow.

Daniil
May 17, 2012, 12:44 PM
Hi,

I have the same for both projects - the functions of App.btnTest are not grouped.

Daniil
Jun 15, 2012, 12:37 PM
Hi @RCN,

Is there any progress on that issue on your side?

I am interested because it annoys me as well. I often debug JavaScript in Visual Studio and going through tons of properties and methods sometimes makes me mad. In addition, they all are not alphabetically ordered.

I convinced it is a VS debugger issue.

RCN
Jun 15, 2012, 4:26 PM
Unfortunately, no progress. Once i get no idea of what is going on. I'll keep you posted

Daniil
Jun 15, 2012, 4:55 PM
Ok, thanks.

I will as well.

Daniil
Nov 23, 2012, 6:06 AM
The problem stays in VS 2012 for me. It annoys.

I have asked it on the VS Debugger forum.
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsdebug/thread/c2f53463-2b1c-4f2e-b300-8b35f7d8fecd

Voting up can help this question to be answered.

RCN
Nov 23, 2012, 11:21 AM
I still have troubles regarding this issue. I hope they help us. Please keep me posted Daniil.

Thank for your attention regarding this issue

RCN
Nov 23, 2012, 11:27 AM
Daniil, i updated the MSDN thread to reffer this one, so they can see an screenshot.

Daniil
Nov 23, 2012, 11:36 AM
Daniil, i updated the MSDN thread to reffer this one, so they can see an screenshot.

A good point! Thank you. Hope they will answer something.

RCN
Nov 23, 2012, 11:44 AM
Sure, it would be nice to have this "functionality" back

Daniil
Dec 06, 2012, 1:20 PM
Could you vote up this bug report?
https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/773658/vs-debugger-watch-quickwatch-doesnt-group-and-order-alphabetically-javascript-properties

RCN
Dec 06, 2012, 1:36 PM
Done.

Daniil, i am Gold Certified Partner, so, i can open a microsoft support ticket regarding this issue. What do you think about it?

Daniil
Dec 06, 2012, 2:39 PM
Thank you.

Sounds promising... As you wish:)

Daniil
Dec 26, 2012, 3:58 AM
Created an Issue to monitor this issue.
https://github.com/extnet/Ext.NET/issues/84

RCN
Dec 26, 2012, 10:17 AM
i have been pretty busy but i will try to open it until the end of this year :)

Daniil
Dec 26, 2012, 12:28 PM
Please feel free to use my bug report if needed. You could just copy/paste. I won't claim the rights:)

Daniil
Feb 01, 2013, 4:24 AM
There is an answer from Microsoft Team.
https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/773658/vs-debugger-watch-quickwatch-doesnt-group-and-order-alphabetically-javascript-properties#tabs

Hi Daniil,
Sorry about the delay. Thanks for reporting this--you weren't the only one. It's a bug and you'll be happy to know it's fixed! It's actually an issue with Internet Explorer, which is why you were seeing the mysterious behavior of it working/not working across all versions of Visual Studio. It was broken in Internet Explorer 9 but is fixed in Internet Explorer 10. If you are running Windows 8, IE10 comes with it. For Windows 7 you can download it and install it.
Visual Studio Debugger Team

My answer is:

Thank you for the information! I am really glad to hear it is fixed.

Please clarify are you going to make a patch for IE9 which we could get with the Windows 7 common update?

Just I am not in rush to switch to either Windows 8 or IE 10:)

I am marking the current thread as closed since we did all here that we could:)

Thank you!

RCN
Feb 01, 2013, 10:35 AM

Daniil
Feb 01, 2013, 10:52 AM
No worries at all! It was not critical.