PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] MVC3 Data Annotations/Validation

adelaney
Apr 27, 2012, 6:27 PM
Can you please explain if it is possible, and if so, how to use data annotations and validation for MVC3 with Ext.NET?

Daniil
Apr 27, 2012, 6:59 PM
Hi,

Unfortunately, no.

This is something we are looking into.

adelaney
Apr 27, 2012, 7:03 PM
Ouch! That's a pretty big piece of the allure of MVC. Is this something actually in a queue as a future feature enhancement or is this just a "we're thinking about it" sort of thing? If it is in a feature queue, can you give me an idea of a target release?

Daniil
May 01, 2012, 12:16 PM
Well, it's out of my competence to provide you with any time frames.

I will redirect the question to our manager.

geoffrey.mcgill
May 02, 2012, 10:56 PM
Ouch! That's a pretty big piece of the allure of MVC. Is this something actually in a queue as a future feature enhancement or is this just a "we're thinking about it" sort of thing? If it is in a feature queue, can you give me an idea of a target release?

Ok, now it's a priority. We have a few pressing jobs to complete, but once those are complete we'll focus on this.

adelaney
May 03, 2012, 3:11 PM
Great! Do you guys have a "feature tracker" or some way to allow subscribers to keep up with bug fixes, etc.?

geoffrey.mcgill
May 03, 2012, 3:39 PM
http://tracker.ext.net/

Although the MVC functionality we're discussing in this thread has yet to be added.

adelaney
May 03, 2012, 3:41 PM
Understood. I just wanted a point of reference. Thank you.

Vladimir
Aug 22, 2012, 11:11 PM
Hi,

Data annotations and validations are supported now
MVC support was significantly improved

2.1 branch contains MVC Examples Explorer where you can find examples with data annotations.

adelaney
Aug 23, 2012, 1:29 PM
That is a very welcomed enhancement! I had dowloaded an earlier version of the MVC explorer and was glad to see the improvements so far. However, having the update with the Grid and Data Annotations examples is even better. Thanks for the update and letting me know it was available!

machinableed
Aug 26, 2012, 5:01 AM
Hi,

Data annotations and validations are supported now
MVC support was significantly improved

2.1 branch contains MVC Examples Explorer where you can find examples with data annotations.

What is the link to this branch? On github or SVN?

Daniil
Aug 26, 2012, 9:06 AM
What is the link to this branch? On github or SVN?

Here it is:
http://svn.ext.net/premium/branches/2.1/