PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] [V0.8.0] Textboxes in AjaxEvent Still Empty

davidhoyt
Jan 10, 2009, 7:29 PM
I'm using the latest source from the repository as of today and I'm still having this problem:

http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?1142

I tried using the default stateprovider and it's still not working. The values are in the request object, I can see them by inspecting this.Request. But the textboxes are not being updated with them.

Thanks for your help! (c:

davidhoyt
Jan 11, 2009, 1:08 AM
Okay I isolated when the problem occurs. And it has to do with master pages. Take a look at my example project.

Try debugging AjaxEvent.aspx, fill in some values and hit submit. You'll see that the values make it.

Then try AjaxEvent2.aspx which is inside a content page, fill in some values and hit submit. You'll see that the values are empty.

If I could vote on bug fix priorities, I would give this 100+ votes. We don't want to have to do this.Request[mytextbox.ClientID] to get the value (which works). That smells of old school ASP. (c:

Thanks!! (c:

geoffrey.mcgill
Jan 11, 2009, 3:45 PM
Hi David,

We're looking into this issue. There appears to be a problem when StateProvider="Cookie". If the StateProvider is removed, then everything appears to work correctly.

Vladimir
Jan 11, 2009, 7:36 PM
Hi David,

We fixed that bug. Please update from the SVN.
Thanks for pointing out the bug.

schrovena
Feb 13, 2009, 5:19 AM
Hello,

Could you point out the solution for this? I'm having the same error and it's getting annoying :-).

Vladimir
Feb 13, 2009, 3:42 PM
Hi,

Can you post code which reproduces the error?

schrovena
Feb 13, 2009, 4:04 PM
It's not generating an error, the values of the textfields as blank. I'm using a master page with content pages.

This is the code from my masterpage:

<%@ Master AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="Template.master.vb" Inherits="Cims.Presentation.Template" Language="VB" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Coolite.Ext.Web" Namespace="Coolite.Ext.Web" TagPrefix="ext" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
<head runat="server">
<ext:ScriptContainer ID="scTemplate" runat="server" />

<title>
<asp:Literal ID="ltlTitle" runat="server"></asp:Literal>
</title>
</head>

<body>
<form id="frmTemplate" runat="server">
<ext:ScriptManager HideInDesign="true" ID="smTemplate" runat="server">
</ext:ScriptManager>

<asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="cphTemplate" runat="server">
</asp:ContentPlaceHolder>
</form>
</body>
</html>

Thi is the aspx for my login page:

<%@ MasterType VirtualPath="~/Template.master" %>
<%@ Page AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="Login.aspx.vb" Inherits="Cims.Presentation.Login" Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/Template.master" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Coolite.Ext.Web" Namespace="Coolite.Ext.Web" TagPrefix="ext" %>

<asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderID="cphTemplate" ID="conLogin" runat="server">
<ext:Window Closable="false" Draggable="false" Height="150" Modal="true" Icon="UserKey" ID="winLogin" Resizable="false" runat="server" Width="350">
<Body>
<ext:FormLayout ID="flLogin" runat="server">
<ext:Anchor>
<ext:TextField AllowBlank="false" ID="tfUsername" runat="server"></ext:TextField>
</ext:Anchor>

<ext:TextField AllowBlank="false" ID="tfPassword" InputType="Password" runat="server"></ext:TextField>

<ext:Checkbox ID="cbxRememberPassword" LabelSeparator="" runat="server" ></ext:Checkbox>
</ext:FormLayout>
</Body>

<Buttons>
<ext:Button Icon="Accept" ID="btnLogin" runat="server">
<AjaxEvents>
<Click OnEvent="Login_Click">
<EventMask MinDelay="5000" ShowMask="true" />
</Click>
</AjaxEvents>
</ext:Button>
</Buttons>
</ext:Window>
</asp:Content>

When I wan't to store the data when I click the login button, I get empty values:

#Region "Method: Login_Click (2)"
Public Sub Login_Click(ByVal oSender As Object, ByVal oEventArgs As EventArgs) Handles btnLogin.Click
Try
'Save password
Me.Master.Root.User.Password = Me.tfPassword.Text 'Value of textfield is empty

'Save username
Me.Master.Root.User.Username = Me.tfUsername.Text 'Value of textfield is empty

Catch oException As Exception
'Catch exception

End Try
End Sub
#End Region

Hope this helps you in any way, thanks in advance...

Vladimir
Feb 13, 2009, 4:27 PM
Hi,

your example works fine for me. I think you need to wait 0.8.0 release