PDA

View Full Version : Namespace Conflict for Class X?

mbean
Apr 20, 2011, 4:46 AM
Hi,

Just notice that ASPX with Code-Behind(.vb) is having problem to access Class X functions. When I view the Definition for Class X, it's referring to Ext.Net.BuilderFactory Class.

Imports Ext.Net

Partial Public Class WebForm1
Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
X.Msg.Alert("Title", "Testing...").Show()
End Sub

End Class

It only works after I use Alias Namespace for Ext.Net.X

Imports Ext.Net
Imports ExtX = Ext.Net.X

Partial Public Class WebForm1
Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
ExtX.Msg.Alert("Title", "Testing...").Show()
End Sub

End Class

According to this post (http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?5429-CLOSED-1.0-Net-is-not-a-member-of-Ext.Net.BuilderFactory/page2), it should be fixed in v1.0 but I'm still having the problem. Am I missing something?

Kindly advise, thanks.

tratak
May 01, 2011, 11:49 AM
I have the same problem (I'm using VB.NET) and I've downloaded the sources yesterday.

Daniil
May 02, 2011, 5:53 AM
Hi all,

@mbean, you are referring another thread, but there was another problem.

I reproduced the issue you described and surprised that C# and VB has the different behaviors for 'X' reference.

I think, it's some VB.NET issue, I really don't know why this happens.

tratak
May 02, 2011, 7:04 AM
Indeed, this issue I found only on VB. Nobody verifies this excellent platform on VB.NET ?!
And another one (both on VB and C#) is that if you use a solution folder with spaces in it's name the icons didn't rendered !

Please, put them in the list for to be resolved !

Valentin

Daniil
May 03, 2011, 10:09 AM
Indeed, this issue I found only on VB. Nobody verifies this excellent platform on VB.NET ?!

I have seen a lot of forum's members which uses VB.NET + Ext.NET. But I'm not rather experienced in VB.NET to help you.

And another one (both on VB and C#) is that if you use a solution folder with spaces in it's name the icons didn't rendered !

Hmm, I just tested the solution which is placed in the folder with spaces and it appears to be working fine. Any more details? What exactly icons?

tratak
May 04, 2011, 6:51 AM
Here :
http://dl.transfer.ro/transfer_ro-04may-ecb1a6438970.zip
there are 2 folders (2 projects) - one with a folder with spaces and other with a folder without.
Please, check them - the first page is the login one - with 2 icons - one in the window and another in the Login button.
(the link is available 10 days)

Thank you !

Daniil
May 20, 2011, 4:55 PM
Hi @tratak,

I'm afraid, I accidentally removed that test project. Could you post it again?

Apologize for the inconvenience.

tratak
May 24, 2011, 1:36 PM
Yes, here:
https://rapidshare.com/files/1866476822/TwoProjects.rar

Daniil
May 25, 2011, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the test projects, we have reproduced the problem and preparing a fix.

Daniil
May 25, 2011, 1:31 PM
The fix has been added to the SVN repository. It will be available in RC2 which should be released soon.