PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] [V0.5] VS 2008 Crash with 0.5

MrMp3
Jun 10, 2008, 11:59 AM
Hi, when I Update to 0.5 the vs 2008 crash when try to render the page in design view. On previus version work OK!

Thanks!!
Ariel

geoffrey.mcgill
Jun 10, 2008, 3:39 PM
Hi Ariel,

Are you using v0.5.1? What controls were on the Page? Can you provide a .aspx code sample which shows how the controls are nested and configured?

There was a bug in earlier versions where if the ScriptManager was not on the Page and Exception would be thrown, which then crashed the IDE. Why a Null Reference Exception in Design-time can actually totally bomb the IDE is beyond me. I put in a few extra checks, but maybe there's still a loose end somewhere. Knowing exactly what control(s) are on the Page will help track down the issue. Even better is having a copy of the exact Page.

Thanks for the help.

MrMp3
Jun 10, 2008, 5:08 PM
Im using MasterPage with two ScriptManager, one of ajax.net and one of "Coolite.Ext.Web".

One of the controls is DateField. With just that, ide crash and restart!

Thanks

geoffrey.mcgill
Jun 12, 2008, 10:48 PM
I was able to reproduce the crash by dragging a DateField from the Toolbox onto the Page. The crash does not seem to happen if the DateField was already on the Page, or if added in Source, then viewed in Design mode.

The problem has been fixed and the code will be available with the next release (v0.5.2).

Thanks for pointing out the bug.