PDA

View Full Version : FCKeditorV2 and Viewport

alexandern
Jun 05, 2008, 3:50 PM
Any luck running FCKeditorV2 inside a viewport/tab?
IE6 just hangs...

geoffrey.mcgill
Jun 05, 2008, 7:24 PM
Hi alexandern,

Can you try a few things for me...

Create a new page, add an <ext:ScriptManager> and <ext: Panel> and the add the FCKeditor somewhere on that page, but not inside the Panel. I just want to confirm whether they work if on the same page (or not).

If that works, then put the editor inside the <Content> node of the <ext: Panel>.

If the first test (with all on same page) does not work, try adding the FCKEditor <script>'s before and/or after an <ext:ScriptContainer> control placed into the <head> of your &#100;ocument.

The ScriptManager will render all scripts to the location of the <ext:ScriptContainer>, instead of to the last position in the <head>. Maybe the FCKEditor scripts need to be included before or after the ext scripts.

It looks like there's been some work done on this within the Ext forums (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17423).

Hope this helps.

alexandern
Jun 05, 2008, 8:31 PM
geoffrey.mcgill (6/5/2008)Hi alexandern,

Can you try a few things for me...

Thanks Geoffrey.. you were right!

Sorry for not explaining a bit better, I am at n00b when it comes to extjs, and fckeditor.
I was using FCkeditor.net (http://www.fckeditor.net/download) by simply inserting it inside a Panel. This worked fine with FireFox but
it made IE6 hang.

So rather than dealing with two wrappers (Fckeditor.NET &amp; Coolite.NET) I decided to just use FCKeditor's
javascript integration and now it works.

Here is some of my code.

<ext:ScriptContainer ID="_scriptContainer" runat="server" >
<script type="text/javascript" src="../fckeditor/fckeditor.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
window.onload = function()
{
var oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor( '_htmlEditor' ) ;
oFCKeditor.BasePath = "../fckeditor/" ;
oFCKeditor.Height="100%";
oFCKeditor.ReplaceTextarea() ;
}
</script>
</ext:ScriptContainer>

<ext: Panel runat="server" Title="Unknown" ID="_editArea">
<Content>
<textarea cols="1" rows="1" id="_htmlEditor" name="MyTextarea">Hello World!</textarea>
</Content>
</ext: Panel>

This works like a charm for now... I also eliminated the master page. It seems to me ASP.NET will be
simply a back end... what a concept :)

nvkiet
Feb 12, 2009, 11:51 AM
Hi All

I using Fckeditor.NET version 2.6.3. I Can't get value. I was apply code of alexandern but it not work.
Thanks

mr.king
Oct 12, 2009, 10:10 PM
Hi Geoffrey.
How to sets its Height?
Thank you.

mr.king
Oct 12, 2009, 10:15 PM
I got it !

mr.king
Oct 13, 2009, 12:29 AM
Hi nvkiet.