EXT.NET v3.0 BETA RELEASED!
Now with Tablet Support!
Ext.NET v3.0 Beta is here with lots of new cool features and now with tablet support! Check Examples Explorer now to see it in action or download and test it yourself for free!

Thread: Ext.Net Store.loadData

Ext.Net Store.loadData

I tried to make an initialization of Store with some initial data loaded by scripts. Weird is that I coded some server-side scripts but rendered client scripts like the following. It generates errors. Any ideas?
    Code:
    // server side
                store.AutoLoad = false;
                JsonReader reader = new JsonReader()
                {
                    Root = "data",
                    TotalProperty = "total"
                };
                reader.Fields.Add(
                    new RecordField() { Name = "MetaInfo", Type = RecordFieldType.String });
                reader.Fields.Add(
                    new RecordField() { Name = "TemplateMetaInfo", Type = RecordFieldType.String });
                reader.Fields.Add(
                    new RecordField() { Name = "RootId", Type = RecordFieldType.String });
                store.Reader.Add(reader);

var qMappings =
                    from mapping in mappingSource
                    select new
                    {
                        MetaInfo = mapping.Key.Key.ToString(),
                        TemplateMetaInfo = mapping.Key.Value.ToString(),
                        RootId = mapping.Value.Id.ToISFormatted()
                    };

TwoStoreResponseData msData = new TwoStoreResponseData();
                msData.Total = qMappings.Count();
                msData.Data = JSON.Serialize(qMappings.ToList());
                store.LoadData(msData.ToString(), true);
    While I captured client side scripts by viewing the page source

Code:
    ctl00_C_dsTypeTemplateMappings.loadData("{data:[{\"MetaInfo\":\"Appointment\",\"TemplateMetaInfo\":\"FormTemplate\",\"RootId\":\"7060898AA5C7445287A055294570DA76\"},{\"MetaInfo\":\"Article\",\"TemplateMetaInfo\":\"FormTemplate\",\"RootId\":\"7060898AA5C7445287A055294570DA76\"},{\"MetaInfo\":\"BitFile\",\"TemplateMetaInfo\":\"FormTemplate\",\"RootId\":\"7060898AA5C7445287A055294570DA76\"},{\"MetaInfo\":\"Customer\",\"TemplateMetaInfo\":\"FormTemplate\",\"RootId\":\"7060898AA5C7445287A055294570DA76\"},{\"MetaInfo\":\"HtmlPeriod\",\"TemplateMetaInfo\":\"FormTemplate\",\"RootId\":\"7060898AA5C7445287A055294570DA76\"},{\"MetaInfo\":\"Person\",\"TemplateMetaInfo\":\"FormTemplate\",\"RootId\":\"7060898AA5C7445287A055294570DA76\"},{\"MetaInfo\":\"Product\",\"TemplateMetaInfo\":\"FormTemplate\",\"RootId\":\"7060898AA5C7445287A055294570DA76\"},{\"MetaInfo\":\"Project\",\"TemplateMetaInfo\":\"FormTemplate\",\"RootId\":\"7060898AA5C7445287A055294570DA76\"}], total: 8}",true);
    Isn't that loadData shoud be input with a object parameter instead of string? I placed an Ext.decode() to string then rendered a pretty right result.

RE: Ext.Net Store.loadData

Hello, cleve!

I think I can help if you let me see at the rest part of you code to reproduce the errors you mentioned.
    Daniil
    Ext.NET, Inc.
    Support Team

Ext.NET Examples | Ext.NET API Docs | ExtJS API Docs | Twitter | Jobs

Hi again.This code looks a little bit strange.

Code:
     TwoStoreResponseData msData = new TwoStoreResponseData();
    msData.Total = qMappings.Count();
    msData.Data = JSON.Serialize(qMappings.ToList());
    store.LoadData(msData.ToString(), true);
    Try to replace this by the following code.

Code:
    store.DataSource = qMappings.ToList();
    store.DataBind();
    Did it help you?

P.S. It seems the Help forum is more appropriate for this topic than the Bugs forum.

Daniil
    Ext.NET, Inc.
    Support Team

Hi Daniil,

Thanks for your reply. The code you appended works fine if I erase the reader settings (Root and TotalProperty). I think I have serval points to add on this post for the reason why I think it is more likely a bug.

The class definition which you can find as "TwoStoreReponseData" is a sub-class derived from "StoreResponseData" whose "ToString()" function produces a Json format with root name "data" and "total" property. StoreReponseData is a usful class I use in the project to generate Json-based MVC action results (transmitting a zipped store data).

That's why I want to generalize this format to let the rest of my store definitions confine with this usage convention.

- On previous version (0.8.2) afore server-side script works fine and the rendered JS scripts are correctly mapped to store.loadData(jsonObject, isAppended). But 1.0 version renders another format which is store.loadData(jsonString, isAppended). To translate jsonString to jsonObject, I think a wrap "Ext.decode()" is required. If not, reader's getRoot function will generate an error. That's the one I mentioned at the original post saying some errors occurred.

- At 1.0 version, StoreReponseData.ToString() changed the totalProperty name which is from "totalCount" to "total". Other implementation of it remains the same. So when I changed the way I initialize the store with the following:

Code:
                // Your solution
                // store.DataSource = qMappings.ToList();
                // store.DataBind();

store.AutoLoad = true;
                store.SetDataFromJson(msData.ToString());
    It works fine! That means the Json format is still accepted by the store and reader definition.

- Furtherly when I double check the way DataBind or SetDataFromJson, I found they use different mapping to client-side JS script render, comparing with LoadData. They both use Ext.data.PagingMemoryProxy to create a Json block proxy for reader to read.

So in conclusion, StoreReponseData is producing a correct Json string and Store reader still accept the way to read the string if reader and root are correctly specified. Problematic is LoadData, which is at server-side should render a client-side loadData function without quoting the string object put to server-side function call.

Hello, cleve!

Maybe you are right, maybe not:) I think the creators of this toolkit can answer on this question - it's a bug or not? Perhaps, they have already answered on it because this topic is moved to Help from Bug forum:)
    Daniil
    Ext.NET, Inc.
    Support Team