[CLOSED] Get selected node from a TreeGrid or TreePanel from code behind

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[CLOSED] Get selected node from a TreeGrid or TreePanel from code behind

I have a DirectEvent Click handler on a tree, and I would like to get the selected node and it's config items from the code behind.

Can you give me an example of this?

RE: [CLOSED] Get selected node from a TreeGrid or TreePanel from code behind

Also, what's the best way to get a configitem from the node's customattributes? do i have to iterate through them and check the name against what I want?

Any ideas? I'm kind of in a time crunch. :(

Hi,

Sorry for the late response

1. Button to submit a node
    <ext:Button runat="server" Text="Submit selected node">
                        <DirectEvents>
                            <Click OnEvent="SubmitNode">
                                <ExtraParams>
                                    <ext:Parameter Name="node" Value="#{TreeGrid1}.convertToSubmitNode(#{TreeGrid1}.getSelectionModel().getSelectedNode())" Mode="Raw" Encode="true"/>
                                </ExtraParams>
                            </Click>
                        </DirectEvents>
                    </ext:Button>
    2. Server handler
     protected void SubmitNode(object sender, DirectEventArgs e)
            {
                string nodeStr = e.ExtraParams["node"];
                Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject node = JSON.Deserialize<Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject>(nodeStr);
                string id = node.Property("nodeID").Value.ToString();
                string path = node.Property("path").Value.ToString();
                string task = node.SelectToken("attributes.task").ToString();
            }

If I'm using a TreeGrid, how would I get the value of the ConfigItem named "whatever" from the node's CustomAttributes?

Or is that what this part does?

string task = node.SelectToken("attributes.task").ToString()

Hi,

If I'm using a TreeGrid, how would I get the value of the ConfigItem named "whatever" from the node's CustomAttributes?
    Please use
    string whatever= node.SelectToken("attributes.whatever").ToString();

I'm trying to set a custom attribute on a node:

n.CustomAttributes.Add(New Ext.Net.ConfigItem("type", "account", ParameterMode.Value))

But when I retrieve the value from the node after deserializing it (using the example above), the value is ""account"". It's like it's quoted twice.

Also, when trying to retrieve my other attribute:

n.CustomAttributes.Add(New Ext.Net.ConfigItem("id", CStr(a.AccountID), ParameterMode.Value))

I get a "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." javascript error.

What am I doing wrong?

Actually, I should clarify. The one that's getting double quoted is defined like:

n.CustomAttributes.Add(New Ext.Net.ConfigItem("type", "'account'", ParameterMode.Value))

When I defined it without the single quotes, the browser complained that there was no property named "account".

This was the only way I was able to get it to work:

Setting:

n.CustomAttributes.Add(New Ext.Net.ConfigItem("objectid", CStr(a.AccountID), ParameterMode.Value))

Getting:

Dim id = CInt(node.SelectToken("attributes.objectid").ToString.Trim(""""))

Something about having to strip the quotes out just seems wrong. Is this the only way?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast