I found the following control that provides similar features I am looking for, but still too far from my requirements:

http://demo.essentialobjects.com/Default.aspx?path=Grid

I am now starting the program changes to convert a GridView to make work like Excel Sheet, or as close as possible. This is really urgent, and I need your help.

As a matter of fact, I found many possible solutions, and I am facing issues taking one solution, either becuase the solution is too complex to implement or it does not meet the requirements.

I will mention the requirements:

1. Allow the user to update the GridView Content using the Keyboard Only. No need to use the mous.

2. The user must be able to update on the same page (in-line editing).

3. Use the arrow keys [up], [down], [left] and [right] to locate the required row/cell to be edited.

4. Use the [enter] key to start editing. When [enter] is pressed, all the fields in the same row must become editable fields. Press [enter] again to switch to display mode.

5. Use [esc] to cancel the edits made to the current cell. Use [esc] again to cancel the update made to the complete row.

5. When in editing mode, use [tab] and [sihft-tab] to goto next/prev field in the same row.

6. All updates to be cashed on the client.

7. User can click on "Save" to update the changes on the server.

8. User can click on "Cancel" to cancel all updates made on the client.

9. The GridView or the Control providing the control features mentioned above, must connect bindable to a .NET Based Data Source like SqlDataSource or ObjectDataSource.

I don't want to be too greedy, and if I can find a control from Coolite that can give me 70% of the above reuqirements, I will be very happy.

I really appreciate your help on this.

Tarek.