SignalR application Hangs when hosted on iis

SignalR application Hangs when hosted on iis

Good day
    I am developing a hospital management application. A part of the application is for populating the list of patients waiting to see the nurse and a list of patients waiting to see a doctor. The application works fine when i debug from my visual studio. if i open three different browsers: one logged in as a record clerk, another as a nurse and another as a doctor, the signalR powered list works perfectly just fine. when i now publish and host on iis and connect three laptops, one with each different roles as used before, the application runs fine until a nurse and a doctor opens the form showing the list. the application hangs and no other button can work when this happens. i am following exactly the example in the stock ticker example in the ext.net 3.2.1 example explorer. I dont know exactly the part of the code to paste here that can help in debugging my problem to see if there is something i am not doing write but i am standby in case such is needed.

thanks for helping in advance.
    Hi @MarkMark,

Can you check if there is a JavaScript error being thrown on the page? If you run the page with Chrome Developer tools open, or Firefox with Firebug, you should be able to see any exceptions or errors that are thrown.

With those developer tools, you can also inspect the Response package from the server. There may be some clues in there.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Thank you Geoffrey for your response,
    However, I have been able to narrow down the cause of the error but I don’t know why it’s occurring or even how to solve it. But I think the cause is from my design.
    In the application, I have two different hub classes, one for handling the Nurses list and another for the doctors list. Why I have it this way is because the Nurses list uses a Broadcast-to-all function in loading the list while the doctors list uses a broadcast to client function. I couldn’t figure out how to get them to use one hub class since this is my first time in developing a signalr powered application. Now when all the logged in users are doctors OR nurses and they make use of their respective list, the application works just fine. But whenever, even one doctor AND one nurse logs in and each tries making use of their respective list, that’s when the application hangs. attached here are the screen shot of the google chrome javascript console when that happen and also the firebug console Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (42).jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	24631Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (43).jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	24632

If having two hub classes on one application is a bad design, I would appreciate if i am guided on how to accomplish what i intend to design.

Thanks
    Last edited by MarkMark; Jun 05, 2016 at 9:58 AM.
    Hi,

You can have one hub and many groups. Please, see:

Working with Groups in SignalR

Hope it helps.