Upgrade from 1.x to 3.x

Upgrade from 1.x to 3.x

I have a paid license for EXT 1.x and 3.x with support. Our app is in 1.x. I plan to begin the upgrade process shortly to 3.x. I am mulling a temporary move to 2.x first and then a second jump to 3.x; or, I was thinking to just jump all the way to 3.x in one shot. Please suggest best approach. We tried to design our app to not override or customize so the upgrade path will have minimal pain.

If I jump to 2.x, do need a license for this as it is just temporary stop until our migration completes? if i stop at 2.x and then need an emergency prod deployment to fix an issue (unrelated to upgrade)... how does that work with the 2.x license (that i dont have)?

I have license keys for 1.x and 3.x only!

Thanks,
    /Z
    I would recommend upgrading straight to Ext.NET 3.x. The API difference between 2.x and 3.x is minimal. The difference between 1.x and 2.x was more substantial.

Upgrading to 3.x from 1.x will require basically the same amount of work as upgrading to 2.x from 1.x.

Hope this helps.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    I should also note, you will need to review the BREAKING_CHANGES document from the 2.x releases. If you're jumping from 1.x to 3.x, then you still basically need to apply all the 2.x BREAKING CHANGES.

Between 2.x and 3.x there were very few breaking changes, as compared to 1.x > 2.x.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder