[OPEN] [#641] System.OutOfMemoryException with Ext.NET 3

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

[OPEN] [#641] System.OutOfMemoryException with Ext.NET 3

I encountered this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. 
      Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace: 

[OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.]
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +0
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +34
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +152
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean forIntrospection) +77
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +16
       System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +28
       System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +38

[ConfigurationErrorsException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.]
       System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +736
       System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAllAssembliesFromAppDomainBinDirectory() +217
       System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(AssemblyInfo ai) +130
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig) +170
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetPreStartInitMethodsFromReferencedAssemblies() +91
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods(String preStartInitListPath, Boolean& isRefAssemblyLoaded) +284
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ExecutePreAppStart() +153
       System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +521

[HttpException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.]
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9930568
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +101
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +254
    Last edited by Daniil; Jan 19, 2015 at 11:49 AM. Reason: [OPEN] [#641]
    Cross-reference: http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...-0-Can-not-run.

Can provide a complete (but simplified) code sample demonstrating how to reproduce the issue?
    Hi Ansary, Geoffrey stated the following:

I think Vladimir has reproduced the issue. It might have something to do with the size of the .dll. All those Embedded resources (.css, .js, images) are increasing the size and this might be causing a System.OutOfMemoryException issue.

We are investigating.
    I was able to install the whole source code from tortoise svn, and run successful ext.net 3.0 examples on my computer.
    But when using nuget installation asp.net webform I was not able to at all. I installed and reinstalled 5 times and same error everytime.
    Nuget installation may have bugs.

I started new project aps.net MVC and using nuget installation, it works.

So nuget installation on asp.net webform is the one that give oiutofmemory errors
    Last edited by ansary; Jan 10, 2015 at 6:42 AM.
    @ansary, thank you for the additional information.

We would appreciate if you share as much information as you can. For example, OS details (version, installed updates) and exact version of Visual Studio. Does it happen with a Web Forms project only, right? Does it never happen with an MVC project? Is it reproducible with VS 2012?

By the way, there is one more report of similar problem.
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...l=1#post232201
    I have VS 2013, running windows 8.1
    When I look at Nuget Installation Webform Installation use Ext.net v 3.0
    Nuget MVC use Ext.net 2.50
    I think something is not right with Nuget installation Ext.net 3.0
    Thank you!

Nuget MVC use Ext.net 2.50
    Please clarify are you not able to install Ext.Net.MVC 3?

aditional information

Hi.

SO =windows 8.1
    Visual studio 2013 ultimate update 4

I create a new proyect ASPX, compiling after create a working good.
    I instal ext.net from Nuget and dont working. show error of "System.OutOfMemoryException".
    Thank you, @farallones.

It looks the issue is only reproducible on Windows 8.
    I was able to instal MFC 3 using Nuget which use Ext.net 2.5 and run perfectly.
    I was able to install Webform using Nuget which use Ext.net 3.0 but it cause error posted earlier.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast