Could not load file or assembly System.Web.Mvc

Could not load file or assembly System.Web.Mvc

Hi,

I have created an ASP.NET web application (not an MVC application). When I deploy to a server running IIS 6, I get this error

[FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.]
        Ext.Net.BaseControl.ResolveUrlLink(String url) +0   Ext.Net.ResourceManager.GetWebResourceUrl(Type type, String resourceName) +325   Ext.Net.ResourceManager.CheckLicense() +152   Ext.Net.ResourceManager.Page_PreRenderComplete(Object sender, EventArgs e) +34   System.Web.UI.Page.OnPreRenderComplete(EventArgs e) +8876298   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2716
    Is there a reason why the ResourceManager is trying to use the MVC assembly and is there a way around it?

The only ext code I need to replicate the error is

<ext:ResourceManager ID="mcResourceManager" runat="server" />

thanks

Dermot
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Jul 20, 2012 at 5:00 PM. Reason: please use [CODE] tags
    Ext.Net supports ASP.NET MVC functionality (System.Web.Mvc in assemblies references of Ext.Net project) therefore MVC 3 must be installed on the server
    Unfortunately, my target platform is Windows 2003 SP1 which cannot support MVC3.

Anyway, thank you for letting me know.
    Windows 2003 is supported OS
    Please see
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=1491
    Hi Vladimir

I just meant it requires SP2.
    http://www.microsoft.com/web/gallery...spx?appid=MVC3

This is not an Ext.Net problem, however I would suggest that you mention it as a system requirement as there is a difference between supporting mvc and depending on it.

thanks again

Dermot
    We will consider ability to release Ext.Net 2.1 without System.Web.Mvc requirement (two versions of Ext.Net: with and without MVC support)