[CLOSED] How i can use the JsonStore FilterBy method in Real Business Application?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[CLOSED] How i can use the JsonStore FilterBy method in Real Business Application?

hi,

I'm doing search feature for my system grids and i came to the point where the mutliheader filter example [ https://examples1.ext.net/#/GridPane...Header/Filter/ ]

using the filterBy method which work fine in local mode but all my grids data is loaded through JsonStore ASMX webservice through HttpProxy with support of paging at the database level
     [query = "select ......... limit start,20"
    so any query i run on DB it return subset of records only. so i know that i can pass the filters to the webservice to do search by expanding the db query with 'like' clause...etc., but i like the filterBy method.
    so is "filterBy " just for demo purpose/kids stuff where user poll/load all the data from table just to perform filter in code-behind!! or what? please answer ASAP.

thanks,
    Last edited by Daniil; Jun 27, 2011 at 12:46 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi,

'filterBy' for client side filtering only, it filters data are currently loaded to the store
    For server side filtering you have to pass values from header widgets to the server side (web service, mvc controller action and etc) and return new data set
    got it, thanks a lot.

i just want to understand the architect point of view when that implemented [maybe its useful for others] so according to my analysis i think that:

extjs data filtering + ext.net serverzing of that by using [DateFilter, StringFilter, NumericFilter classes] they provided for the people that use simple data storage like [xml] very powerful way of filtering data where the data engine doesn't support any sort of searching. [actually xml doesn't have engine at all].

so is that correct or other reasons exist behind that features! please enlight my friend.

thanks,
    Hi,

[DateFilter, StringFilter, NumericFilter classes] are GridFilters filters classes. it doesn't related with MultiHeader sample
    GridFilters plugin has remote filtering mode
    https://examples1.ext.net/#/GridPane...ilters_Remote/

(https://examples1.ext.net/#/GridPane...Header/Filter/) this example demonstrates how header widgets can be used. Filtering in that example is just minor constituent (it is very simple implementation, in real application you have to implement your own required filtering)