Script Manager and Resource Manager Conflict

Script Manager and Resource Manager Conflict

Hi I have the following code on a aspx page. There is a view port and other controls but I left those out as it has no effect on the problem.

My problem is the following, if I remove the Ext Resource Manager my report renders just fine. As soon as I add back the Resource Manager then my report doesn't render. There are no javascript errors or any other errors I can see, it is as if there to managers conflicts with each other.

Also changing the architecture or moving the report to an IFrame or something similar is out the question.

Is there anyway to get these two to play along nicely?
    <ext:ResourceManager ID="ResourceManager1" runat="server" Locale="en-GB" />
    <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
    </asp:ScriptManager>
    <rsweb:ReportViewer ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server" BorderStyle="None" Width="100%"  />
    </rsweb:ReportViewer>
    I also have this same question on StackOverflow if anyone is interested in earning points for an answer.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6...async-postback
    Hi,

Are you sure that is there no error?

There can be scrips conflict with data, see the related thread:
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?13240
    Hi,

I remember that was an issue when images are not rendered in the ReportViewer (Ext.Net http module intercepts reports requests)
    But it was fixed a long time ago. Check requests in Fiddler, may be it can help to narrow the problem
    I had similer problem with telerik reports in which full post pack is required to render the report then the ext.net team guided me to get ride of scriptManager and use the extension method developed by ext.net to resolve the issue:

ReportViewer1.Update();/*Ext.Net way of handling controls that require postPack!*/
    hope that's help!
    Quote Originally Posted by webclouder View Post
    I had similer problem with telerik reports in which full post pack is required to render the report then the ext.net team guided me to get ride of scriptManager and use the extension method developed by ext.net to resolve the issue:

ReportViewer1.Update();/*Ext.Net way of handling controls that require postPack!*/
    hope that's help!
    Well this sounds like it could work. I have one question though, was the ReportViewer on the page at design time or added at runtime? I tried removing the script manager but I get a runtime error stating the ReportViewer requires a script manager. Could someone please point me to a most to implement the Ext.Net way of doing the above mentioned.
    hi again,

I'm doing that in code-behind but the reportViewer control can be placed at design time with no issues "even without scriptManager" [at least in case of telerik reports but should be also with MS one].

<ext:Panel ID="pnlReportView" runat="server" Title="Report Center">
                            <Content>
                                <telerik:ReportViewer ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server" Width="100%" Height="700">
                                </telerik:ReportViewer>
                            </Content>
                        </ext:Panel>
    please notice the use of Content Tag instead of Items.

then in code-behind assign the data source, bind and finally use the segment above .Update().

this.ReportViewer1.Report = this.GetReportObj();
                this.ReportViewer1.DataBind();
    nothing more i can tell at this stage...try it out and do little research!
    You cant add a MS ReportViewer to the markup without a ScriptManager. Unless I'm missing something