[CLOSED] [1.0] DirectEvent Issues

[CLOSED] [1.0] DirectEvent Issues

Since I have these issues alot when I update from SVN I'll let you test it with a grain of salt. However I did rollback to the revision before and it's working so I'm thinking it might be a bug.

Since upgrading to Revision 3371 from SVN.

ISSUE: Directevents & Comboboxes

ERROR:
    Inner Exception Type :System.NullReferenceException
    Current User :LJANKOWSKI
    Inner Exception :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Inner Source :Ext.Net.ComboBox
    Inner Stack Trace : at Ext.Net.ComboBox.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) at Ext.Net.Field.System.Web.UI.IPostBackDataHandler.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean fBeforeLoad) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    here is my code

<ext:Button ID="Button4" runat="server" Text="Save" Icon="Disk">
                    <DirectEvents>
                        <Click OnEvent="ContactAdd">
                        </Click>
                    </DirectEvents>
                </ext:Button>
    codebehind
    Public Sub ContactAdd(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DirectEventArgs)

Dim OrclCmd As New OracleCommand("XXDBI_AM_VALIDATION.VALIDATE_ADDRESS", ReturnOracleConnection)
            OrclCmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure

Dim returnval As String = Nothing
            OrclCmd.BindByName = True
            OrclCmd.Parameters.Add("P_CITY_NAME", OracleDbType.Varchar2, tfCity.SelectedItem.Text.ToString, ParameterDirection.Input)
            OrclCmd.Parameters.Add("P_COUNTY_NAME", OracleDbType.Varchar2, tfCounties.SelectedItem.Text.ToString, ParameterDirection.Input)
            OrclCmd.Parameters.Add("P_STATE_NAME", OracleDbType.Varchar2, tfState.SelectedItem.Text.ToString, ParameterDirection.Input)
            OrclCmd.Parameters.Add("P_POSTAL_CODE", OracleDbType.Varchar2, tfPostal.Text.ToString, ParameterDirection.Input)
            OrclCmd.Parameters.Add("VALID", OracleDbType.Varchar2, 1).Direction = ParameterDirection.Output
            OrclCmd.Connection.Open()
            OrclCmd.ExecuteScalar()

returnval = OrclCmd.Parameters("VALID").Value.ToString

If (returnval = "N") Then
                Ext.Net.ExtNet.Msg.Confirm("Warning Invalid Address", "The address you have entered does not appear to be a valid address. Are you sure you want to use this address?", "if (buttonId == 'yes') { Ext.net.DirectMethods.SaveContactData(); }").Show()
            Else
                SaveContactData()
            End If
            OrclCmd.Connection.Close()
            OrclCmd.Dispose()

End Sub
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Dec 16, 2010 at 6:28 PM. Reason: [CLOSED], please use [CODE] tags
    Hi,

Can you post a simplified .aspx code sample which demonstrates how to reproduce this exception locally?
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Ok I did a little digging and it only seems to be an issue when I click one of the drop down boxes that use a generic handler to return the results and then attempt to click the directevent called ContactAdd. If I don't click on a combo box, and attempt the directevent, it works as expected. If I click the combo and load the data it works fine but then it seems it has issues finding it the control called tfCity, as if it's lost?

Here is the example, the window that loads the form, using the example of the of a searching combo I have modified it a little bit.
    I removed some of the other combo boxes to make it easier to understand. If needed I can try to make it simpler, I'm away from the office now so I don't have access to my full system till I get in tomorrow.

Again using the example https://examples1.ext.net/#/Form/Com...Custom_Search/

<ext:Window runat="server" ID="AddContact" Height="465" Width="500" Title="Contact Maintenance"
            Resizable="false" Maximizable="false" Minimizable="false" Hidden="true" InitCenter="true"
            Modal="true" Border="false" Layout="Form">
            <Items>
                <ext:FormPanel runat="server" ID="FrmContact" PaddingSummary="5">
                    <Items>
                        <ext:TextField ID="tfName" runat="server" FieldLabel="Name" AllowBlank="false" AnchorHorizontal="100%" />
                        <ext:TextField ID="tfTitle" runat="server" FieldLabel="Title" AllowBlank="false"
                            AnchorHorizontal="100%" />
                        <ext:TextField ID="tfDepartment" runat="server" FieldLabel="Department" AllowBlank="false"
                        <ext:TextField ID="tfEmail" runat="server" Vtype="email" FieldLabel="Email" AnchorHorizontal="100%" />
                        <ext:TextField ID="tfAddress1" runat="server" FieldLabel="Address1" AnchorHorizontal="100%" />
                        <ext:TextField ID="tfAddress2" runat="server" FieldLabel="Address2" AnchorHorizontal="100%" />
                        <ext:ComboBox runat="server" ID="tfCity" Editable="true" TypeAhead="false" FieldLabel="City"
                            AnchorHorizontal="70%" DisplayField="Name" LoadingText="Searching..." ValueField="Name"
                            ForceSelection="true" PageSize="10" HideTrigger="false" MinChars="1">
                            <Store>
                                <ext:Store runat="server" AutoLoad="false">
                                    <Proxy>
                                        <ext:HttpProxy Method="POST" Url="Cities.ashx" />
                                    </Proxy>
                                    <Reader>
                                        <ext:JsonReader Root="cities" TotalProperty="total">
                                            <Fields>
                                                <ext:RecordField Name="Name" />
                                            </Fields>
                                        </ext:JsonReader>
                                    </Reader>
                                </ext:Store>
                            </Store>
                        </ext:ComboBox>
                        <ext:TextField ID="tfPhone" runat="server" FieldLabel="Phone" AnchorHorizontal="45%" />
                        <ext:TextField ID="tfFax" runat="server" FieldLabel="Fax" AnchorHorizontal="45%" />
                        <ext:Checkbox ID="cbBill" runat="server" FieldLabel="Bill To">
                        </ext:Checkbox>
                        <ext:Checkbox ID="cbSurvey" runat="server" FieldLabel="Customer Survey">
                    </Items>
                </ext:FormPanel>
            </Items>
            <Buttons>
                    <DirectEvents>
                        </Click>
                    </DirectEvents>
                <ext:Button ID="Button6" runat="server" Text="Reset">
                    <Listeners>
                        <Click Handler="#{FrmContact}.getForm().reset();#{AddContact}.hide();" />
                    </Listeners>
            </Buttons>
        </ext:Window>
    Cities.ashx

You can replace the procedure here with something that returns a json list just for an example

Imports System.Web
    Imports System.Web.Services
    Imports Ext.Net
    Imports Oracle.DataAccess.Client

Public Class Cities
        Implements System.Web.IHttpHandler

Protected Function ReturnOracleConnection() As OracleConnection

Dim serverInstance As String = System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings("server")
            If serverInstance = Nothing Then
                Return Nothing
                Exit Function
            End If
            Dim cn As New OracleConnection("DATA SOURCE=" + serverInstance + ";PERSIST SECURITY INFO=True;USER ID=XXXX;PASSWORD=XXXX")
            Return cn
        End Function

Sub ProcessRequest(ByVal context As HttpContext) Implements IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest

context.Response.ContentType = "text/json"

Dim start = 0
            Dim limit = 10
            Dim query = String.Empty

If Not String.IsNullOrEmpty(context.Request("start")) Then
                start = Integer.Parse(context.Request("start"))
            End If

If Not String.IsNullOrEmpty(context.Request("limit")) Then
                limit = Integer.Parse(context.Request("limit"))
            End If

If Not String.IsNullOrEmpty(context.Request("query")) Then
                query = context.Request("query")
            End If

Dim cities As Paging(Of ComboList) = CitiesPaging(start, limit, query)

context.Response.Write(String.Format("{{total:{1},'cities':{0}}}", JSON.Serialize(cities.Data), cities.TotalRecords))

End Sub

Public Function CitiesPaging(ByVal start As Integer, ByVal limit As Integer, ByVal filter As String) As Paging(Of ComboList)
            Dim Cities As List(Of ComboList) = Return_City(filter)

'If Not String.IsNullOrEmpty(filter) AndAlso filter <> "*" Then
            '    Cities.RemoveAll(Function(city__1) Not city__1.Name.ToLower().StartsWith(filter.ToLower()))
            'End If

If (start + limit) > Cities.Count Then
                limit = Cities.Count - start
            End If

Dim rangeCities As List(Of ComboList) = If((start < 0 OrElse limit < 0), Cities, Cities.GetRange(start, limit))

Return New Paging(Of ComboList)(rangeCities, Cities.Count)
        End Function

Public Function Return_City(ByVal filter As String) As List(Of ComboList)
            Dim data As New List(Of ComboList)

Dim OrclCmd2 As New OracleCommand("XXDBI_AM_VALIDATION.GET_CITIES", ReturnOracleConnection)
            OrclCmd2.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure
            OrclCmd2.Parameters.Add("RETURN_DATA", OracleDbType.RefCursor, ParameterDirection.ReturnValue)
            OrclCmd2.Parameters.Add("P_CITY_NAME", OracleDbType.Varchar2, filter, ParameterDirection.Input)

Dim OrclDA As New OracleDataAdapter(OrclCmd2)

Dim dt As New DataTable
            OrclDA.Fill(dt)

If dt.Rows.Count <> 0 Then
                For Each dr As DataRow In dt.Rows
                    data.Add(New ComboList(dr("CITY_NAME").ToString, dr("CITY_NAME").ToString))
                Next
            End If

OrclCmd2.Connection.Close()
            OrclDA.Dispose()
            OrclCmd2.Dispose()

Return data
        End Function

ReadOnly Property IsReusable() As Boolean Implements IHttpHandler.IsReusable
            Get
                Return False
            End Get
        End Property

End Class
    Hi,

I cannot reproduce the problem, here is my test case uses http handler from https://examples1.ext.net/#/Form/Com...Custom_Search/
    <%@ Page Language="C#" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="Ext.Net" Namespace="Ext.Net" TagPrefix="ext" %>

<script runat="server">
        protected void ContactAdd(object sender, DirectEventArgs e)
        {
        }
    </script>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" 
        "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head runat="server">
        <title>ComboBox with Template - Ext.NET Examples</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <form runat="server">
        <ext:ResourceManager runat="server" />
        <ext:Window runat="server" ID="AddContact" Height="465" Width="500" Title="Contact Maintenance"
            Resizable="false" Maximizable="false" Minimizable="false" Hidden="true" InitCenter="true"
            Modal="true" Border="false" Layout="Form">
            <Items>
                    <Items>
                        <ext:TextField ID="tfName" runat="server" FieldLabel="Name" AllowBlank="false" AnchorHorizontal="100%" />
                        <ext:TextField ID="tfTitle" runat="server" FieldLabel="Title" AllowBlank="false"
                        <ext:TextField ID="tfDepartment" runat="server" FieldLabel="Department" AllowBlank="false"
                        <ext:TextField ID="tfEmail" runat="server" Vtype="email" FieldLabel="Email" AnchorHorizontal="100%" />
                        <ext:TextField ID="tfAddress1" runat="server" FieldLabel="Address1" AnchorHorizontal="100%" />
                        <ext:TextField ID="tfAddress2" runat="server" FieldLabel="Address2" AnchorHorizontal="100%" />
                        <ext:ComboBox runat="server" ID="tfCity" Editable="true" TypeAhead="false" FieldLabel="City"
                            AnchorHorizontal="70%" DisplayField="Common" LoadingText="Searching..." ValueField="Common"
                            <Store>
                                <ext:Store ID="Store1" runat="server" AutoLoad="false">
                                    <Proxy>
                                        <ext:HttpProxy Method="POST" Url="Plants.ashx" />
                                    </Proxy>
                                    <Reader>
                                        <ext:JsonReader Root="plants" TotalProperty="total">
                                            <Fields>
                                                <ext:RecordField Name="Common" />
                                            </Fields>
                                    </Reader>
                            </Store>
                        <ext:TextField ID="tfPhone" runat="server" FieldLabel="Phone" AnchorHorizontal="45%" />
                        <ext:TextField ID="tfFax" runat="server" FieldLabel="Fax" AnchorHorizontal="45%" />
                        <ext:Checkbox ID="cbBill" runat="server" FieldLabel="Bill To">
                        <ext:Checkbox ID="cbSurvey" runat="server" FieldLabel="Customer Survey">
                    </Items>
            </Items>
            <Buttons>
                    <DirectEvents>
                        </Click>
                    </DirectEvents>
                <ext:Button ID="Button6" runat="server" Text="Reset">
                    <Listeners>
                        <Click Handler="#{FrmContact}.getForm().reset();#{AddContact}.hide();" />
                    </Listeners>
            </Buttons>
        </ext:Window>

<ext:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Open the window" Handler="function(){AddContact.show();}">

</form>
    </body>
    </html>
    Ok I have a working example for you.

After it's loaded, click the submit button, message box will appear.

Then click the the dropdown to load the values, and click the button again, there will be an error, or it won't work. (note I capture my error in my global config file so I have it emailing to me, nothing shows in debug mode)

test.aspx
    <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="test.aspx.vb" Inherits="Enterprise_Management_System.test" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="Ext.Net" Namespace="Ext.Net" TagPrefix="ext" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head runat="server">
        <title></title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <ext:ResourceManager ID="ResourceManager1" runat="server">
        </ext:ResourceManager>
        <form id="form1" runat="server">
                    <Items>
                            AnchorHorizontal="70%" DisplayField="Name" LoadingText="Searching..." ValueField="Name"
                            <Store>
                                <ext:Store ID="Store1" runat="server" AutoLoad="false">
                                    <Proxy>
                                        <ext:HttpProxy Method="POST" Url="Test.ashx" />
                                    </Proxy>
                                    <Reader>
                                        <ext:JsonReader Root="test" TotalProperty="total">
                                            <Fields>
                                                <ext:RecordField Name="Name" />
                                            </Fields>
                                    </Reader>
                            </Store>
                    </Items>
                     <Buttons>
                    <DirectEvents>
                        </Click>
                    </DirectEvents>
            </Buttons>
        </form>
    </body>
    </html>
    code behind test.apsx.vb
    Imports Ext.Net
    Imports Oracle.DataAccess.Client

Public Class test
        Inherits Enterprise_Management_System.BasePage

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

End Sub

Public Sub ContactAdd(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DirectEventArgs)
            'WILL FAIL, CAN NOT ACCESS CONTACTADD DirectEvent
            Dim test As String = "TEST SUBMIT"
            If tfCity.Text.Length > 0 Then
                test = tfCity.Text.ToString
            End If
            Ext.Net.ExtNet.MessageBox.Alert("Value of Combo", test).Show()
        End Sub

End Class
    Test.ashx.vb Generic handler
    Imports System.Web
    Imports System.Web.Services
    Imports Ext.Net

Public Class Test1
        Implements System.Web.IHttpHandler

Sub ProcessRequest(ByVal context As HttpContext) Implements IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest

context.Response.ContentType = "text/json"

Dim start = 0
            Dim limit = 10
            Dim query = String.Empty

If Not String.IsNullOrEmpty(context.Request("start")) Then
                start = Integer.Parse(context.Request("start"))
            End If

If Not String.IsNullOrEmpty(context.Request("limit")) Then
                limit = Integer.Parse(context.Request("limit"))
            End If

If Not String.IsNullOrEmpty(context.Request("query")) Then
                query = context.Request("query")
            End If

Dim test As Paging(Of TestList) = TestPaging(start, limit, query)

context.Response.Write(String.Format("{{total:{1},'test':{0}}}", JSON.Serialize(test.Data), test.TotalRecords))

End Sub

Public Function TestPaging(ByVal start As Integer, ByVal limit As Integer, ByVal filter As String) As Paging(Of TestList)
            Dim Test As List(Of TestList) = Return_test()

If (start + limit) > Test.Count Then
                limit = Test.Count - start
            End If

Dim rangeTest As List(Of TestList) = If((start < 0 OrElse limit < 0), Test, Test.GetRange(start, limit))

Return New Paging(Of TestList)(rangeTest, Test.Count)
        End Function

Public Function Return_test() As List(Of TestList)
            Dim data As New List(Of TestList)

data.Add(New TestList("Testin1", "T1"))
            data.Add(New TestList("Testin2", "T2"))
            data.Add(New TestList("Testin3", "T3"))
            data.Add(New TestList("Testin4", "T4"))
            data.Add(New TestList("Testin5", "T5"))
            data.Add(New TestList("Testin6", "T6"))
            data.Add(New TestList("Testin7", "T7"))

Return data
        End Function

ReadOnly Property IsReusable() As Boolean Implements IHttpHandler.IsReusable
            Get
                Return False
            End Get
        End Property

Public Class TestList
            Public Sub New()
            End Sub

Public Sub New(ByVal ID As String, ByVal Name As String)
                _ID = ID
                _Name = Name
            End Sub

Private Property _ID As String
            Public Property ID() As String
                Get
                    Return _ID
                End Get
                Set(ByVal value As String)
                    _ID = value
                End Set
            End Property

Private Property _Name As String
            Public Property Name() As String
                Get
                    Return _Name
                End Get
                Set(ByVal value As String)
                    _Name = value
                End Set
            End Property
        End Class
    End Class
    Again the error I get from my global Application Error:

I
    nner Exception Type :System.NullReferenceException
    Current User :Non-Authenticated User
    Inner Exception :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Inner Source :Ext.Net.ComboBox
    Inner Stack Trace : at Ext.Net.ComboBox.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) at Ext.Net.Field.System.Web.UI.IPostBackDataHandler.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean fBeforeLoad) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Dec 15, 2010 at 7:43 PM. Reason: please use [CODE] tags
    Hi,

Fixed in SVN, please update
    Rev. 3375 fixed my combobox issue.

Great product. Thanks!
    That corrected my issues. :)

Thanks!