Multiple ext controls in single anchor (or workaround)

Multiple ext controls in single anchor (or workaround)

Hi,

I am new too Coolite and have been browsing through the examples. I am now at the stage where I am experimenting with the best way to build a form myself. It all seems rather straightforward as long as you need a single control per row. I just use a FormLayout with Anchors.

However there are instances when I want multiple controls in a single row and the Anchors don't seem to allow this. An example that's prbably common is multiple radiobuttons. Another is combo + 2x textboxes for phonenumbers (country/area/subscription).

Right now it seems to me that could either create a control inheriting the right class combinign these controls or abandon the FormLayout alltogether and go with a ContainerLayout and do everything manually.

What would be the recommended option here? I haven't seen any examples of these type of forms.

Kind regards,

Dirk Louwers

RE: Multiple ext controls in single anchor (or workaround)

Hi Dirk,

I have a good picture of the Layout you are building. I'll make a sample for you.*

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Hi Geoffrey,

Thanks, that would be very helpfull.

Perhaps it would also be nice to demonstrate the use of Ext's nice validation? (The error image with tooltip).
    I would also like to suggest the development of a Coolite.Ext.Web.WebControl subclassing System.Web.UI.UserControl. I would very much like to be able to develop reusable combined controls in the future.

Kind regards,

Dirk Louwers
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Feb 22, 2011 at 3:53 AM.

Hi Dirk,

We should be committing the <ext:RadioGroup> and <ext:CheckboxGroup> controls later today. Those two will help simplify some Layout scenarios.*

Once those are included I have a new "Advanced Layout"*sample to commit to the examples explorer.*

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Hi Geoffrey,

Thanks. Looking forward to it!

Best,

Dirk